I agree. It's just to get your attention and to get people rilled up, even without any fact basis behind it.I would far rather that PFK waited a month or two and also posted the peer review response to the article. Like too many in the journalistic profession they print the stunning headlines of a new discovery and never bother listing where people actually look at how accurate they are.
I can't see why this article is slanted against the nuclear industry. All power stations that use steam in their process have this same problem. If you can see cooling towers at a power station it is sucking millions of tonnes of water out of somewhere (and dumping it back a few degrees warmer). And for all it's faults nuclear is not screwing up the climate.
/news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/1886267.stmah conspiracy theory's everywhere..........Though the Norwegians haven't cited any research to suggest that Sellafield is causing a problem.
Norway copmlain because fish is one of their main exports, scientists are repeatedly saying that overfishing is depleting fish stocks to the point of unsustainability (though these levels are arbitrarily ignored when setting quotas). Could this in fact be a smoke screen to try and blame someone else (other than fishermen) for why there are so few fish left in the seas and oceans of Northern Europe?
Here's another article, this one by the BBC, which discusses the Sellafield plant how it is effecting the political and environmental areas around the UK. Its vague on most of the issues, but an interesting read.
[URL="http/news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/1886267.stm"]http
/news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/1886267.stm[/URL]
Have they moved Sellafield? Wasn't it on the West coast of England up near (in?) Cumbria ... That's nowhere near the north sea, its the Irish sea ... I'm also not sure that I'm going to listen to a bunch of Whale hunters when it comes to conservation of the oceans life ... mind you they do excellent pickled fish.
/maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=e...233459&z=12