Not So Newbie Newbie

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

KittyKat

Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I guess I'd better introduce myself to those of you whom I haven't spoken to previously.. title says it all: I'm not a newbie and not new here either! I started keeping fish around 1996 with coldwater, tutles and various amphibians while living in Japan. I have since lived in UK where I was forced to start with tropicals because of space restrictions, which in turn led onto marines (corals and fish), so I ended up working in the industry for about half a year.. which I had to stop doing because I (and my fish) moved to Germany, where there are not as many space restriction.. so 200x60x70cm tank, here I come! (sometime next year)

It might not be too obvious yet, but I am obsessed.

Really.

It's a great dinner topic conversation aparently.

So onto my current fish, who seem to attract more attention from friends then the dinner.. I have one 215L AquaOne 980 which is planted and starting to become Amazon themed with some SA dwarfs, and not so dwarfs, plecos and rasboras as well as a few leftovers from the move to Germany (not easy cutting down from 30 odd tanks to 4). The Mbuna is a matching tank, but full of rocks instead of plants, P. demasoni, some labs which need new homes and also lovely plecos. The marine is currently in need of new corals so I won't say much about that.. and the last, but not least is at my friends' house who borrowed it to try fishkeeping: it was a success and now they are buying a tank of their own so I can have mine back for the babies (why, oh why won't those fish stop breeding!?!?) at the end of the month.

Oh, and I am also a semi-professional photographer and a fine art printer.

xx

:welcome:

Wow, you must have a great house!

Did you fishless cycl your tanks?

And since your a fine arts photographer, lets see some fine pictures of those tanks, eh? :p

Haha, great house? Yeah! We pay half of what we did in UK for something which is bigger, with concrete floors and every wall here is a supporting one so big tanks are not a problem.. after all, per area, they do not weigh much more then a full wardrobe.

Of course I use fishless cycling: I have a bit of a problem harming other living things, especially as I am in full responsible for their welfare.

Fine art printing, I'm not so sure that my photography could be called that too.. but if you really want to see some rather fine examples, feel free to check out the link in my sig. Actually, I desperately need to re-take the photos of my tanks as much has changed in the last week.. no one said I wasn't lazy! :p

got the 2 mixed up :blush: Can you show us some semi-proffesional pics then :p What camera do you use? Because the good ones are very expensive.

For my fishy photos I use a 350D by Canon, although I also use a Leica M8 and an Olympus M1 for my other photography :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back