Not really household.. lol, Horses!

juliethegr8t

Addicted and in Therapy
Reaction score
I wanna know if anyone has horses, or even just rides. I'm a horse fanatic - I just love them. I've loved horses for as long as I can remember, ridden for about 11 years, and now I can say I'm a proud owner, have been for almost 4 years. My mare is an 8 year old Arabian - she's amazing. Her name is D'Artaneya, aka "Horsey"... :lol:. I've trained her myself, and we currently do hunter, dressage, and working up to three-day eventing. I wuv my horsey so much!! I think she's gorgeous. Ok, I have turned this into an Ode to Julie's Horse, and sorry about that lol.. I really want to know what other horse lovers/owners are out there! Post pics if you have em, I'd love to see!

Oh yeah, and about the pic - this is our "Before/After" shots, because she was somewhat abused when I got her :X. Before I got her, she was initially trained pretty harshly, and yes, I'd even say abused because of the behavior she exhibited after I got her. Then, she was put out to pasture and ignored for 6 months. Then she came to me - and the top pic is a few months after I got her (which was around Xmas). I'm proud of the difference she shows in these pics! :)

Attachments

• beforeafter.jpg
    beforeafter.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 114
One more pic of the other side - her mane is amazing, it's much longer than in this pic, and her tail drags about 2 feet on the ground currently. :D

Attachments

• purtydart2lil.jpg
    purtydart2lil.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 103
oooh julie she's beautiful :wub: :wub: :wub: , your love and affection clearly show in the pics :wub: :wub: , you've done a fantastic thing by giving her a second chance :wub: :wub:

I've never been on a horse ;) , maybe a pony when I was a kid :lol: but my daughter is obsessed with them ;)

Oh man that is a beautiful horse!

I don't ride but I grew up on a farm. Was around 4-H a lot too. That is an amazing horse. :nod:

HORSES!! ME ME ME! I HAVE HORSEYS!! Actually I have 2. My uncle owns the rest. One is Midnight, a black Quarterhorse gelding, and the other is Starburst, a brown and white paint mare.

I have horses. Not me, but my Mom. She teaches kids how to ride. we corrently have 7. Lilly, Bix, Willa, Levi, Fleur, Ruby, Bill, and Gypsy (she boards at our barn). I wish I could post pictures, but the scanners broken and I don't have digi. we have a horse that we suspect was a little abused when we first got him. but due to my dads sense of humor (chasing them with the snowmobile, cleaning them with a walkblower ect.) he's learned to lighten up and will let you streach his lips around and massage his gums (kind of gross, but he loves it! :lol: ). anyways, past all my rambleings, yes I have horses and love them. :D

Julie,
She's amazing- her coat looks great! You did a wonderful job with her. I absolutely love horses and they are my favorite animal. I have always ridden but never owned one. Every once in a while I play with the idea of getting a minature horse but I think the neighbors "might" notice it in the back yard and we live in the city so I don't think I could get it past city officials. My next house is definantly gonna have acreage and a barn! Anway I am definantly JEALOUS!
Michelle

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back