Just_Another_One
Fishaholic
A few weeks ago I purchased 2 baby 1 inch silver tipped BN plecos here from a local hobbiest
Ive noticed quite often they are charging at eachother and it appears they are fighting. They will do this for 5-10 minutes at a time then stop. When one is munching on some veggies or a wafer it chases the other away and wont allow it to eat.

They both have their own peices of real driftwood with built in caves so they have their own space although they spend very little time there since they are usually out cruising in the open.
Is it normal for them to be so violent with eachother and possesive over food? I thought bristlenose were peaceful fish unless their is a breeding pair in the tank. They are only just over a inch so I cant sex them yet
I will have to start putting in 2 peice of veggies and 2 wafer as I feel bad for the little one who isnt "allowed" to eat
Ive noticed quite often they are charging at eachother and it appears they are fighting. They will do this for 5-10 minutes at a time then stop. When one is munching on some veggies or a wafer it chases the other away and wont allow it to eat.
They both have their own peices of real driftwood with built in caves so they have their own space although they spend very little time there since they are usually out cruising in the open.
Is it normal for them to be so violent with eachother and possesive over food? I thought bristlenose were peaceful fish unless their is a breeding pair in the tank. They are only just over a inch so I cant sex them yet
I will have to start putting in 2 peice of veggies and 2 wafer as I feel bad for the little one who isnt "allowed" to eat







