No One Said How Much Hard Work It Is

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tonyb111111

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Today I have spent 7 hrs rescaping my 200 litre community tank, and I am now knackered. Removed two very big pieces of bogwood, removed some plants and relocated others, gave my substrate a good going over, glass cleaned, redmoor wood added after moss, anubias and coffeefolia were attached, water change, filters squeezed. Really pleased with result though, just need to get a lawn sorted now. Will post some pics of the change tmrw when I've rested my old bones

why do you think i haven't rescaped my 180L ?
laugh.gif

The only feeling i get after spending all day with my sleeves rolled up, is a cold front emanating from the mrs, because i've spent all day ignoring her & the kids
rolleyes.gif

Looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labour.I need inspiration to change my tank
good.gif

stu40 said:
The only feeling i get after spending all day with my sleeves rolled up, is a cold front emanating from the mrs, because i've spent all day ignoring her & the kids
rolleyes.gif

Looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labour.I need inspiration to change my tank
good.gif

You and me both, had to cook my own dinner tonight
blink.gif

Noahs ark6 said:
It's hard, but are you getting that feeling?... you know, the warm, smug feeling you get when you've just re-scaped :unsure: ... oh right, it must just be me then :look:

Got my first aquarium on Jan 2nd this year, totally obsessed by the whole thing. Finished off at 9pm, I was really upbeat about it after spending the day sorting it, asked the wife what she thought and the answer was 'very nice, give me a hand moving these books'. There's no educating pork!!!

My husband is always just glad that I let him watch sports all day while I'm half swimming. :hyper:

Hey, how lucky am I?! My other half loves fish too ( tho after years together I never knew until we got back together following a brief split!! Lol). Anyway, she loves fish and we now have 3 tanks from a 120 litre downwards (tho av a 5 foot coming soon!! ) and my Mrs loves it!! Oh, and at moment she does all my feeding & water changes/maintenance!!! ... I must be good at something!!! ( No, not that!!! Lol).
Agree, is hard work though!!!! lol.

Having an understanding partner is a much under rated consideration. My own spouse barely tolerates me and my fish because she equates it to her dogs. She figures that each 10 tanks means she can have another darned dog. It is not that I don't care for the dogs but I refuse to give her an excuse to get a third one. For now I am stuck at only 26 tanks.

OldMan47 said:
Having an understanding partner is a much under rated consideration. My own spouse barely tolerates me and my fish because she equates it to her dogs. She figures that each 10 tanks means she can have another darned dog. It is not that I don't care for the dogs but I refuse to give her an excuse to get a third one. For now I am stuck at only 26 tanks.

Very sly, I feel your pain lol

It was my husband's idea to get a tank so he created this monster now he has to live with it!

Actually I need his help to lug water buckets around so it's a good thing he's on side!

Presumably you can safely go up to 29 tanks before she expects another dog? ;)

well I don't have a partner but my dog don't half sulk when she see's me messing with the tank or watching the fish and ignoring her .... forget the missus/hubby/kids ...nothing sulks worse than an ignored dog :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back