No One Said How Much Hard Work It Is

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

KISSfn said:
Fantastic job! :good:

You got your first tank in January of this year?! Man you make me look stupid! :blink:

Cheers man, guess I'm lucky eh
wahey.gif

Time well spent in my opinion. It's looking great!!!

My only suggestion would be more plants :p

Is that micrathemum micrathemoids in the front right corner? If so, you might do better to spread the stems out a little more - if stems are too bunched together the bottom bits and leaves can rot.

KISSfn said:
Tonyb111111 said:
KISSfn said:
Fantastic job! :good:

You got your first tank in January of this year?! Man you make me look stupid! :blink:

Cheers man, guess I'm lucky eh
wahey.gif
If you lived here you would be invited to dinner and to share face painting techniques!

Lol #40## right, as a rugby player it's the law that you have to dress up occasionally

Primous said:
Time well spent in my opinion. It's looking great!!!

Thanks Primous

coldcazzie said:
My only suggestion would be more plants :p

Is that micrathemum micrathemoids in the front right corner? If so, you might do better to spread the stems out a little more - if stems are too bunched together the bottom bits and leaves can rot.

I think it's Nanjenshan Boshi, but i assume the same prblem would happen. It has always struggled since I first introduced it in Jan and this will probably be the reason why. Tonight i will get it out and separate it,, same with the eustralis behind it. Thanks again

I think sometimes it's a bit pot luck as to whether plants survive or not. They're usually grown emmersed (above the water) in very humid environments so when we buy them and submerge them they have to adapt to underwater growth - that usually involves them melting and then growing new leaves. If they're not strong plants before that they can just melt away completely, and you're left wondering what you did wrong or why the supplier sent you bad plants. Lots of water changes can help with that, as can buying potted plants rather than just bunched cuttings. But sometimes you do everything right and they still turn to mush on you.

I think sometimes it's a bit pot luck as to whether plants survive or not. They're usually grown emmersed (above the water) in very humid environments so when we buy them and submerge them they have to adapt to underwater growth - that usually involves them melting and then growing new leaves. If they're not strong plants before that they can just melt away completely, and you're left wondering what you did wrong or why the supplier sent you bad plants. Lots of water changes can help with that, as can buying potted plants rather than just bunched cuttings. But sometimes you do everything right and they still turn to mush on you.

Thanks again, when my donated plants arrive I'll take these out and separate them, see if they do any better

as a rugby player it's the law that you have to dress up occasionally

Union or League ?

Played league for about 4 years, but been playing union for the last 35 years. League is a far tougher game, but all in union is the better code. At 44, playing league again is out of the question, i have enough surgery done playing union. I take it you're a union man living in Gloucs :good:

I take it you're a union man living in Gloucs :good:

You could say that
laugh.gif
Been rather an 'eventful' last couple of months to this season.
You've done better than me.Lasted from 6 to 40.Then too many bits kept falling off
wacko.gif

Its funny you should say that, as I think this may have been my last season :sad: Just had yet another shoulder op and it is worse now that before the op, maybe it hasnt healed yet but if it doesnt get any better then there is no chance of me playing in September. I introduced my wife to Rugby 5 years ago when we met and she loves it, but she says she cant understand how we are so uncaring about injuries :lol:

Right here's the pics of before and after, would really appreciate honest opinions and advice to further improve it. I will be lawning half of the front as the next step. Also stuck in a pic of my new favourite plant, coffeefolia.

BEFORE
583bfdb3.jpg

AFTER
2e7f8302.jpg
hi tony i like them both m8 you did a great job on both scapes, im glad it turned out well for you and your happy with the new look 10 out of 10 mate
and i see you have it in totm.... :good:

Most reactions

Back