No ammonia registering after more than 48 hours?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

What’s a plonker? Love hearing these Brit expression!

It's been years since I have heard the term, Plonker.

Plonker =
dope, idiot, moron, wally, pillock, dunderhead, dimwit.

The term plonker started out as a reference to someone who was forever drunk on cheap wine (cheap wine is nicknamed plonk)

Today the term plonker is a very light-hearted insult. It's not even seen as an insult, it's like calling someone a wally. It's in no way meant maliciously. you call someone a plonker when they say or do something stupid.

I think I might have a no-ammonia ammonia problem :S

Started fishless cycling 125 litre (c.29 gallon) tank on Sunday with 2.7 Fluval canister filter.

Added 5 1/2 ml of Dr. Tim's ammonia solution along with Tetra Safe Start nitrifying bacteria (and treating the water with Seachem Prime). Using API Master test kit, and the tank still shows no ammonia (no nitrites or nitrates either). I added a further 5ml yesterday, still no ammonia registering this afternoon so I poured 5ml of the ammonia solution straight into a test tube and tested that - and no ammonia!

Have I potentially got dud ammonia bottles (ordered two and have tried them both, both still had their seals intact) or do I just need to give it some more days?

Thanks for any and all advice!

ElizaRome x
did you test correctly?

It's been years since I have heard the term, Plonker.

Plonker =
dope, idiot, moron, wally, pillock, dunderhead, dimwit.

The term plonker started out as a reference to someone who was forever drunk on cheap wine (cheap wine is nicknamed plonk)

Today the term plonker is a very light-hearted insult. It's not even seen as an insult, it's like calling someone a wally. It's in no way meant maliciously. you call someone a plonker when they say or do something stupid.
Never heard the term wally. Noticed someone calling someone a muppet here in an unflattering context. Muppets are only the TV puppets here.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back