Nintendo Wii

CAC

Formerly: Catfish Are Cool
Reaction score
Ive tryed to find a bit more about the actual games that you can play, and how good the graphis are, but all the websites are just like "you can go on the internet!!" and i just wondred what the actual games are like...
Anyone own one or played one, or just know anything about the games???
Do you think the xbox 360 or the PS3 would be better???

Thanks, Mikey

personally I think the wii is awesome, if you don't like the idea, then get a 360, ps3 sucks so much

graphics aren't that good tbh, that's a fact

there aer loads of games, wiisports, red steel and legend of zelda are the most famous ones, nnintendo are releasing one in 2007 which has DVD playback functions as well

Hi Mikey, I have a 360 and its brill, lots of games out now in the runup to christmas.
I know of Zelda a game on the Wii, that I've played before and love it, I will probably get a Wii just to play Zelda. Google Zelda and see what you find. Its £180 for a wii, compared to £400+ for the PS3, and its not even out yet, march is the date for release but I wouldn't hold out for it, i've read bad reviews and problems for the PS3 already.
The 360 is about £250 ish now, so its worth getting a Wii and a 360 for less than the PS3. If you have a High Def telly (which you must have to appreciate the 360's graphics) you can't go wrong
360, 360 360, :good: :good:

The Wii will sport better graphics than the gamecube but graphics aren't as high on the list as with the other companies. Innovation, gameplay and fun is the main priority for Nintendo (as it always has been). That's not to say that there won't be some amazing looking titles out there as third (and first) party companies get to grips with the hardware and begin pushing boundaries - for instance, look at the resident evil games on the gamecube, which was considered the "underpowered" console of the last generation. I am personally getting a Wii, the missus pre-ordered one for me for christmas, gotta love her :lol:

As for the games, take a squizz at Wikipedia, it has a bunch of confirmed titles there as well as some of the announced backward compatibility downloadable titles which will be obtained via their online services for next to buckley's (ranging from a couple of dollars and upwards depending on age).

There are plenty of great Wii titles announced but the two main ones which come to mind are Zelda and Metroid. They are gunna be pretty awesome as always.

I dont have a HD TV unfortunately, but ive read reviews of the zelda game, and theres also this game called excite truck which sounds pretty good, with jumps and stuff, and from what i can make out, you get a pack of five games as standard with the console...
The only thing is though, i got the DS for the novelty "movement" and touch screen, and i ended up loosing interest with it, and traded it in...
I have wireless internet too so i surrpose that would be quite cool to use it on there. Can the one they have out now not play DVDs??? I presumed it would..
And do you need to get memory cards etc for it, or does it have built in memory?

Cheers, Mikey
Oh yer, and im getting a digi camera with an SD card, so i can put that in and view em on the TV which is quite cool :D

EDIT: Whats so bad about the PS3, other than the high price?!?!

Whats so bad about the PS3, other than the high price?!?!

Well, the blu-ray drives fail, and some HD tvs won't work with it, thats enough to put me off.

EDIT: Whats so bad about the PS3, other than the high price?!?!

ok mostly the stupid high price. Also, one of the things sony have been going on about (blu ray) could become obsolete in 6 months, IMO a ps3 without the blu ray for less price would be good. The fact that it is massive, ugly, blatantly copied the controller idea from wii, and then had the cheek to call it 'innovative' (i think). Their press conference at E3 was shoddy (that's got nothing to do with it, just thought I'd ad it) the fact that they haven't even changed the design of the control. XBOX360 and wii are the only choices as far as I'm concerned

I have been playing PS3 with some friends that got one two nights ago (yeah... they were the guys waiting in line for 36 hours) and all I have to say is wow... the graphics are amazing (if you have a HD tv)... I keep hearing people ***** because most titles from PS2 and PS are not compatible with PS3 and all I have to say about that is why would you buy the system then use old games? As for the blu-ray I still don't see what the big deal is with it? It is stupid in my opinion... but the PS3 is a lot like the PSP as far as the menu goes. Controllers are nothing like Wii... they are just wireless PS2 controllers with out the rumble feature (they are 50 bucks though...) Games are like 60 so pretty normal. I have seen the Wii and think it looks fun for gamers who aren't as serious or like to try have fun and play with a lot of people... it is a cool system but the graphics aren't special (looks like PS2 original games) but the price can't be beat! Sony is promising to have downloads to get rid of glitches. As for demonmagus if you buy systems due to their apperence you may want to look into a different hobby... say knitting? I haven't played a x box 360 much but I understand it is wonderful... I would go with X box 360 if you must have a system now or wait the 6 months for PS3 to cut prices big time...

haha very funny, I have actually considered knitting

btw what gets me about the looks is how it's advertised, sleek and sexy? no way, just admit it's a powerhouse.

I don't understand the blu ray thing btw

about buying the system for older games - means that you can sell your older console for finance, and not have 2 consoles hooked up

ha - gamers who aren't serious and want to have fun. What? seriously are you telling me you don't play games for fun, or are graphics the only thing which exist to you? I wouldn't sacrifice fun, that is the entire point of gaming.

controller issue- as I said I don't mind the wireless abilities, it is the fact that sony said it was a new and exciting feature, made it seem like they invented it

why wii rules - aren't you getting a bit bored of just hitting some buttons? I am. If you love that then just buy a 360 and a wii, for I think around the ps3 price? (not sure on that one). Basically I love the design on the wii, screw graphics,

according to you the wii is only for lame ass people who want to have fun :rofl:

also sony promise a lot - and either never give it or just charge you

I've only played a ps3 very briefly, but I didn't see what the fuss was about. I'm glad I got a 360 now that all the great games are coming out.

the wii looks like something kids would enjoy.. not so sure about anyone over the age of about 14..

I'd much rather play war games on ps3 or xbox..

wii kinda looks like the next gen eyetoy

are you kidding me? my bf got a wii this weekend and we've already put in about 10 hours of playtime. he's really into Zelda right now (Warning: it's not as pretty as windwaker, but has a pretty good storyling and is quite fun.) i literally played Boxing (Wii Sports) for over an hour. (The Mii avatar gimmick that ties into Wii Sports is also really fun to play with.)

Super Monkey Ball is also fun w/ 50 minigames, although some of the minigames are just dress-ups of the same interaction. The difficulty level of SMB is a little spotty too, with some puzzles/minigames being far more difficult than they really should be. But that sort of issue is only to be expected with the debut of not only a new system but a brand-new approach to playstyle.

I can see how it might not appeal to "hardcore" shoot-em-up players but that doesn't make it any less fun.

I have been checking out the Wii and I may invest in it (I do realize that I bashed it a bit earlier, but as demon said it is really all about fun and I think the wii system looks like I may be able to get my gf to play haha... are they going to make any Mario games (i.e. mario tennis, golf karts...)???

you can bet there is gonna be a mario kart, super mario galaxy is deffo coming out, all the best 1st party are coming out next year, ssbb (super smash) is gonna be crazy. I might wait- a: might release more colours (mmm green)

B) adding a dvd, and I kinda like that idea sice the wii controller is a remote lol

c) all the good games coming out then :D

also pica - about the shooters, it's just like PC fps (which are the best) so when more people 'convert' it will be great for 'hardcore' nuts

can I ask what was the transition like to the wii controls, do you look a bit silly whilst using it? what is the weight like, the calibration e.t.c.

o yeah, any problems like with the first batch of xbox's or ps2's? nintendo are known for good quality, and I hope this has carried on to the wii

Most reactions

Back