Nintendo Wii

Well i kinda bought a £300 camera today, so im not sure ill be getting a 360 or a PS3, but i think i may get a Wii, maybe in the next couple of weeks, as im at my cousins for xmas, and would be quite a laugh.
I think that the Wii should come with two controls as standard, cos i dont think it would be as fun on its own...
Also, you know it says about the SD card slot, could i load my digi cam SD card photos onto that? Presume i could, allthough i dont really know what you can do with them once they are loaded up?

Thanks for the info/debate guys :good:

Mikey

I heard the PS3 is having some bugs already with overheating so my best bet would be a XBOX 360 or the Wii cause first the xBOX 360 has been out for a while so they got most of the bugs out if most :-D and the wii well its way more affordable and cooler :-D.....cough cough NINTENDO FAN ALL THE WAY

I must say, I love the adverts for it involving Legend of Zelda. The fishing looks particularly great- it's great in Ocarina of Time and looks fantastic on the new one. So does the fighting :D

Iv got a 360, great system, currently playing gears of war and tiger woods 07

Ill also be getting a wii at some point, zelda is guaranteed to be amazing and wii sports looks like alot of fun.
I think the gamecube was a huge letdown for nintendo after they made the best console ever! (N64)
The wii could be a return to form (despite the goofy name)

the name was just to get more attention, it sounds stupid and people were talking about it for weeks after the new name, so it worked
Not really great buisness sense, give your product a silly name for the rest of its days just to drum up a bit of attention for a week or two...
It was origionally codenamed the revolution, why they changed it ill never know :sad:

They changed it for a few reasons. Firstly Wii is a play on words for we, the ii part represents people and the system is designed to drag nongamers into gaming and thus bring people together. Wii fits better with the theme of the controller which is called a wiimote, part of the plan to involve nongamers by making a control which is easily accessable to most people due to being like a T.V remote. Wii is also supposedly alot easier for Japanese people to pronounce than revolution (although revolution would most likely have had a bigger impact in western culture in terms of sales based on name alone :lol:).

the name was just to get more attention, it sounds stupid and people were talking about it for weeks after the new name, so it worked
Not really great buisness sense, give your product a silly name for the rest of its days just to drum up a bit of attention for a week or two...
It was origionally codenamed the revolution, why they changed it ill never know :sad:

yeah, like dragon said it's also a play on words, the word revolution is a real word, so every country has their version (like le revolution, is that French? :D) but wii is made up so everyone in the world is saying wii, not revolution in various languages, as dragon said it's meant to bring people together.

trust me, it's great business sense, people still talk about it and it certainly will never ever be forgotten - and it rules anyway :D

Do you seriously care about the name? If you care about the name you might be a homosexual... just play it and have fun... x box is a considerably ironic name considering no geometrical shape can neither be both an X and a box no perform 360s.

There was a certain level of sarcasm put into this post.

Most reactions

Back