Night Lights

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Cayote

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I am using a blue marine fluro. for my night light to give it an eery night glow which started off well

The Rocks being white got a blue tone which looked like night time so did the bogwood, not so lit up though.

It looked brilliant ......But

After i added the plants.....oh no

Now when it lights up all the blue has gone the wood has stayed the same but all the plants have lit up bright green and so have to rocks

Im most dissapointed is there any way to get this moonglow look back with different fluro or am i stuck ? :crazy: :D

i also use the moonglow lights for both my tanks ! it looks great in the 2ft tank but it does loose the effect in the big tank, was thinking of putting 2 in there not sure yet! the effect i was after was a light effect for seing the catfish at night which i have got at the moment, i didnt expect it to be really blue anyhow....

are these the same lights my lfs trying to talk me into buying, they are for marines, they are in a set of 3 and have the reflectors on them, they cost £100, wich i thought was very expensive, he said my plants would realy thrive in this light, lol for that price i'd want a tropical house full of plants
thrown in : :rolleyes: and fishes :lol:

not sure i buy the moonglow light from interpet its from £5.99 upwards for the tube

these are moon glow, must be so dear because there in a unit ??

You dont actuall go down lfs to buy lights do you ?

There a rip off go to industrial retailer or electric wholesalers GL, CEF etc etc and buy them there all you need is the length, colour eg. 360 or 380 ( white shades ) they cost 3 quid each inc vat. so no worries with money if it blows just get another

Its the same with fluro`s for reptiles get the colour length and wattage and 3 quid then bingo.

Sure beats paying 15 quid for some of the reptile ones

thanks cayote, i presumed that i could only buy tank lights from aquatics,
i'm looking to put more lights in the tank so now i know were to go, great money saving, ooooo more to spend on fishes lol :lol:

But each light has gives out a specific spectrum of light, and i would guess u want the ones to help ur plants grow ;)

ooo now i'm confused ;) so these lights would be of no use for my plants ?

They may, they may not, each light is different, for example the interpet triton bulb gives out a spectrum especially to help plants :) (thats the one i've got)

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: ooo just been in newbie sheesh its confusing :crazy: yes stickle there the ones i've got,

Well now u know y ur plants r growing so well ;) :D :lol:

Whatever :p

What blue effect can anyone suggest to tone the green down ?

:D

Anybody ?

What exactly is a moonglow bulb thing? Where does it go? Do you just replace your normal flouro bulb at night or what? And where can I get one, they sound cool :thumbs:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back