Nick's 6 Gallon Nano Build

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

nkd5024

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Alright, so I finally have some time to get my journals started.

I just finished cleaning out the nano, and will be doing all of my mods this weekend.
As of now, I plan to drill one or two extra holes through the back black plastic so I can add more flow.
I will more than likely just throw another maxi-jet in the back and use either PVC or Loc-Line.
I don't have anything else planned yet as far as mods go, but we will see.

I have all my dried "live rock" from my old 90 gallon cycling in a small tank right now.
I'm hoping in about a month it will be ready to go.

I am planning on taking a trip to ThatFishPlace in two weeks and buying everything I need for my 75 gallon setup.
So i will have tons of pictures throughout the next couple weeks.

I will post a picture of the nano tank on sunday when I'm done with the mods, etc.

Nick.

Watching and waiting - chocolates and wine in hand, so you better hurry up or I will end up a very fat alcoholic and it will all be your fault :p

Seffie x

oh, i'm sorry I made you a fat alcoholic! :crazy:

I have been extremely busy the past month or so.
I currently have the 6 gallon holding my frags from the 30 gallon tank until I get the 75 finished and can put them in there.
I FINALLY got my Galaxy Dual 250 watt metal halide ballast this morning in the mail, so I should have the 75 gallon up and running in 6 or 7 hours.
The new RO/DI filled up the tank in around 16 hours with 0ppm according the the TDS meter. Weird though since the RO unit is only 75 gallons/day?
Anyway, I only have a phone on my camera right now, but i'll take a few picture with that and upload them tonight for you guys in my 75 gallon build thread.
I have a few very nice frags in my quarantine i'll try to get some pics of for you guys as well!

Nick

Alright I finally got around to updating everything on here.

The nano actually was going to hold a BUNCH of frags I got yesterday at my local reef clubs frag swap but they actually fit nicely into my 30 gallon quarantine tank so now I finally get some rock in there and start it up.
I am going to start my tank build thread for my main tank (75 gallon) tonight so check it out if you like.

Nick D.

Most reactions

Back