Nick's 6 Gallon Nano Build

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

nkd5024

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Alright, so I finally have some time to get my journals started.

I just finished cleaning out the nano, and will be doing all of my mods this weekend.
As of now, I plan to drill one or two extra holes through the back black plastic so I can add more flow.
I will more than likely just throw another maxi-jet in the back and use either PVC or Loc-Line.
I don't have anything else planned yet as far as mods go, but we will see.

I have all my dried "live rock" from my old 90 gallon cycling in a small tank right now.
I'm hoping in about a month it will be ready to go.

I am planning on taking a trip to ThatFishPlace in two weeks and buying everything I need for my 75 gallon setup.
So i will have tons of pictures throughout the next couple weeks.

I will post a picture of the nano tank on sunday when I'm done with the mods, etc.

Nick.

Watching and waiting - chocolates and wine in hand, so you better hurry up or I will end up a very fat alcoholic and it will all be your fault :p

Seffie x

oh, i'm sorry I made you a fat alcoholic! :crazy:

I have been extremely busy the past month or so.
I currently have the 6 gallon holding my frags from the 30 gallon tank until I get the 75 finished and can put them in there.
I FINALLY got my Galaxy Dual 250 watt metal halide ballast this morning in the mail, so I should have the 75 gallon up and running in 6 or 7 hours.
The new RO/DI filled up the tank in around 16 hours with 0ppm according the the TDS meter. Weird though since the RO unit is only 75 gallons/day?
Anyway, I only have a phone on my camera right now, but i'll take a few picture with that and upload them tonight for you guys in my 75 gallon build thread.
I have a few very nice frags in my quarantine i'll try to get some pics of for you guys as well!

Nick

Alright I finally got around to updating everything on here.

The nano actually was going to hold a BUNCH of frags I got yesterday at my local reef clubs frag swap but they actually fit nicely into my 30 gallon quarantine tank so now I finally get some rock in there and start it up.
I am going to start my tank build thread for my main tank (75 gallon) tonight so check it out if you like.

Nick D.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back