Nice Weather

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

fatheadminnow

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
I know this is not fish related, so with that said, I will not have an issue if this thread is removed.

But....

Anyone living in the Upper Midwest of the USA enjoying the nice weather!

I hope spring is finally going to stay this time!

-FHM

I looked out the window around noon and actually saw some snowflakes coming down. :huh:

BTW, I'll be moving your thread out of TD and into the Natural World section. Maybe we'll find out what's going on in the rest of the world too. :D

Eh chicago is only 50 degrees. A month ago it was in the 70's for two days : )

I looked out the window around noon and actually saw some snowflakes coming down. :huh:
Oh dear!

It is almost 50 degrees here!

And it should be up near, if not over 60 by this weekend!

EDIT: I just checked, and it is 51 here!

-FHM

I NEED more snow in colorado! I can't ski race on grass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

been lovely here too, not sooo hot but i still got burnt ( not too badly), and im soooooooooooooooooo itchy its unreal, i have blisters on my arms and chest , have tried sudo creme and calomine lotion, and theyre not working.. anyone got anything else tthat i could try?? havent had this since i was a kid.. so much for my lovely tan :(

About 24c here in the South of the UK, just warm enough and not too warm if you get my drift :lol: Glorious

Seffie x

:fish:
Oh and Shelagh (is that the Irish spelling of your name?) I think you are supposed to treat it like any burn, keep open to the air and don't put anything greasy on it, although have heard aloe vera is good.

Found this for you:

Lidocaine or Benzocaine can be administered to the spot of injury and will generally negate most of the pain. Lidocaine and benzocaine are a popular FDA approved local anesthetic pain reliever for sunburns and available at most drugstores in the United States in the form of ointment or spray.
The pain and burning associated with a sunburn can be relieved with a number of different remedies applied to the burn site. The skin can be hydrated by applying topical products containing Aloe vera and/or vitamin E, which reduce inflammation. Hydrocortisone cream may also help reduce inflammation and itching. Taking anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen or naproxen may help, DO NOT give aspirin to children.[32] Avoid the use of butter; This is a false remedy which can prevent healing and damage skin.[32] When treating open sores caused by a sunburn, like any other open skin wound, it is best to avoid lotions or other directly-applied ointments. However, antibacterial solutions and gauze can prevent skin infections.

There are two home remedies which have been known to help. One method involves applying a clean washcloth soaked with cool (not cold) milk, in the form of a cold compress. In addition to the cool temperature, a protein film will form to soothe the pain and the lactic acid will help reduce inflammation.[33] A solution of diluted white cider vinegar (approx. 1 cup in a tub of water) applied in a similar fashion may also ease pain

oh wow i just came back from Bournemouth beach and it's heaving, full of red lobster's everywhere,why don't people pile on the cream, only mad dog's and english men go out in the midday sun... :lol:
25c at bmth airport at this moment, brilliant, hope it stay's as four week's of from june 7th,

thankyou seffie, gonna try all of that, my son told me about milk, and i laughed at him lol.. looks really nasty, but no pain just itchy,and im losing my temper too :( ( like i stubed my toe)
i wasnt sitting around in the sun was actually at the harbour walking about, and today i was putting the tent up/down to check it, ive never used sun lotion in my life.. maybe i should start,
yes thats the irish way, from my grandad who was an irish gypsy..the nice kind ;) lol

nelly dont forget my prezzies :D 290000000000 oscars of similar size please :lol:

shelagh AKA a mad dog :lol:

Kansas has decided to skip spring and head straight into summer. :angry: Its 90 degrees (32C) right now at 3:30 in the afternoon. I hate summer.

Beautiful up in the North West here too. scorchio I've had my shorts on all day sun bathing and having a nice cool beer!!!

thank goodness a break from the sun today :)
im not a killjoy, but im still itchy :(

lovely and cloudy very cool here today ( south wales)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back