Next Project

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Nik00117

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My 55 gallon is nearly completed! When i get the $$$ i'm going purchase new stand/lights and plant it. But that's in the future. I now want to start begin planning my next adventure.

Here are my two ideas

A 15-20 gallon guppy tank heavily planted in my home

or

A heavily planted 5 gallon Betta tank for my office with snails or shrimp

What would you do?

I would do a 15-20 gallon betta tank. But that's just because I hate guppies (even though I have several...). Betta fish are really wonderful creatures and it is amazing how much more they shine when they are in larger tanks. They would greatly appreciate a heavily planted tank. You could even do a small group of females in a tank of twenty gallons, or two or three males, provided that you partition the tank. 

I love guppies they are so colourful (males) and very active. I also like siamese fighters lol. 
I have kept guppies for the past 18 months I would go with a group of males if you don't want to be over run with fry. 

I'm still leaning towards the betta idea...A tank in my office would be nice (I do spend 60+ hrs a week there)

Is a five gallon tank the largest you could do in your office? A betta would do well in five gallon, but you have more room for plants and such in a larger tank. I have one of my betta in my study, and I love being able to take breaks to watch him. 

I see. Well I would do the betta tank then. Or both the five gallon and the larger one. You'll have to do a journal, regardless of which one you choose to do.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back