*surfer accent* Righteous!!! :shout:

Hehe. Yupyup. I'm getting the albino. Saw one yesterday and the eyes are just amazing. Wait, do socolofi albinos have to have any kind of special treatment because of their albinism? Don't they have poor eyesight or infertility or anything?

You do have a soft spot for the albino socolofi dont ya mate

I do indeed, there aren't too many albino Mbuna species and i think the Socolofi are stunning. :p

yeah i have to admit there one of my favorites i want 2 more but cant get any same as maingano cant get any of them i just get the oh there johannii that you want.

Shame you're not near Manchester mate, my LFS are brilliant for Mbuna. If they haven't got it in, they will order pretty much whatever you want.

Bought five labs and they're settled now, playing among the rocks. There seems to be little or no aggression yet.

The albino wasn't a socolofi after all, it was Aulonocara Nyassae. I've researched and it seems compatible with the yellow labs, have to ask for your approval, though. What do you guys think? They went out of stock yesterday but my friend at the lfs said they were gonna have a new batch tomorrow.

I'm also curious about this hap that I saw. Haplochromis Fenestratus. Compatible enough with labs, I read. But what do you guys think?

John

Are Yellow Labs the same as Electric Yellow?
Man I just went to the pet store and there isn't much to choose from ......

Another question! Would melanochromis cyaneorhabdos work well with labs and aceis?

John

Should be OK, they are more aggressive generally than labs and acei but not especially so and all 3 species are quite different in appearance so should be a good combination.

Yes it will. Hows the tank looking now with all the fish?

Looking great! It's stocked with five really small labs, a two-inch acei and a juvenile fenestratus. They're all getting along wonderfully. :D Have to get more rocks and plants, though. :hey:

Should be OK, they are more aggressive generally than labs and acei but not especially so and all 3 species are quite different in appearance so should be a good combination.

Hm.. What if I made a mistake and got a johanii? Petshops here (I'm the only Filipino in the forum, I think) almost always sell only males and give strange common names to their fish and jumble around with scientific names. I could easily get mistaken and buy a johanii. :S

John

Johanni are quite a bit more aggressive and I wouldn't reccommend them in that setup. There are discernable differences between the 2, study some pictures on google images until you are confident you can tell them apart before you make the purchase.

Most reactions

Back