New with fish! Biorb 60lt zebrafish!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Bea

Reaction score
Hello! I am new with fish! And I really need help! I just rescue a single survivor zebrafish, it seems there were 25 fish at first... all died due to negligence, so I decided to adopt the last one... i am gonna get a 60l biorb that a friend of mine is not using... I did some research and my zebra, Wilson, needs some company. Right now it is in a tiny crystal bowl (that’s how they give it to me) not filter I just bought a oxygen pump. I really need help to get the best for the fish. I never though of getting fish to be honest.. but can stand to see them die...
I will get the biorb in two days, I know I have to cycle it, I want to buy a couple of small live plants and maybe a heater?
how many zebra can I keep in the tank? Any help really appreciate! Really stress... it’s a lot to take in consideration!
thanks!
bea

Honestly your best choice is to avoid BiOrbs altogether. They're pretty small and aren't suitable for a lot of fish. If you have the funds to get a better tank, you could try and aim for a proper tank with a good amount of space for your fish to swim around. My first tank was a 54L tetra starter line tank, 60x30x30cm and that's suitable for a range of smaller fish.

Zebrafish aren't particularly large, so if you're just using the BiOrb tank as a temporary set up, you could add in a few more so they don't get stressed out. Maybe five would be a suitable amount for now.

Welcome. Really get a more regular shaped tank if you can. I’m rescuing 6 zebra danios myself in about two months and am looking for a bigger tank as my 120L isn’t big enough to give them a quality of life long term.
Have fun.

Hi! Thanks for all the replies! My idea was to keep the minimum ZD, 5 for the 60lt, for what I could read around, no more fish... ideally I would like to keep the tank for now... how long do you think I could keep them in that one for?
thanks again!

Most reactions

Back