New To Tropicals - Did I Get A Good Deal

I couldn't agree more with the quality issue - and they're beautiful fish.
Your tank'll be an endless pleasure to watch.
 
I dunno about over there but in the US good male guppies are about $4 to 5 a pop with females $3 to 4, so by what I'd have to pay around here it wasn't a bad deal.
 
I couldn't agree more with the quality issue - and they're beautiful fish.
Your tank'll be an endless pleasure to watch.

:) thankyou

the children haven't watched any tv today but have sat for hours in front of the tank
 
nice fish :)


i loooked today

ours wer £1.99 each

i'm glad they were pure and they are so pretty now i know roughly what i should pay i'm happy at what i did pay :)
Thanks everyone

Sarah xxx
 
Guppies at our local fish store are £2.49 each, but they are fully grown and mature. or they normally have an offer on like 5 for £10 so you can save some that way.

The garden centre does them for @2.00 each.
 
Guppies at our local fish store are £2.49 each, but they are fully grown and mature. or they normally have an offer on like 5 for £10 so you can save some that way.

The garden centre does them for @2.00 each.

they did have cheaper ones there but they werent guarenteed pure guppies
and not as nice colours
 
ive way overpayed for fish before only to later realize my mistake. they look like great fish so as long as youre happy with them the price is no issue...are those white clouds in the background?
 
ive way overpayed for fish before only to later realize my mistake. they look like great fish so as long as youre happy with them the price is no issue...are those white clouds in the background?

yes they are
i'm getting some golden white clouds and some longfin over the next 2 weeks
i know people say they are boring fish but the kids and i love watching them play and the guppys have started to play in the bubbles and water flow with the minnows so its an active tank lmao
 
Some people find any fish that doesn't have to be shipped from overseas from some unknown country in the deepest jungle and isn't likely to die if you look at it wrong, "boring." To each their own. If you're happy with your fish that's what's important.
 

one of the females ( they are all the same)
Jaffa - Male
Mickey - male
Dolf - male (man said he was a cobra) hard to photo as he's a bit shy

I agree with you here thought, All females are the same and males are much more important. Females dont deserve names where as the males do.
As always males are more important :P

(waits :shifty: )
 

one of the females ( they are all the same)
Jaffa - Male
Mickey - male
Dolf - male (man said he was a cobra) hard to photo as he's a bit shy

I agree with you here thought, All females are the same and males are much more important. Females dont deserve names where as the males do.
As always males are more important :P

(waits :shifty: )



If I was going to dignify that with a response, it would be with a blown 'raspberry', only I can't recall how they spell them in the comics...
 

one of the females ( they are all the same)
Jaffa - Male
Mickey - male
Dolf - male (man said he was a cobra) hard to photo as he's a bit shy

I agree with you here thought, All females are the same and males are much more important. Females dont deserve names where as the males do.
As always males are more important :P

(waits :shifty: )
If I was going to dignify that with a response

Oh but you did my kind sir/madam :D
 

one of the females ( they are all the same)
Jaffa - Male
Mickey - male
Dolf - male (man said he was a cobra) hard to photo as he's a bit shy

I agree with you here thought, All females are the same and males are much more important. Females dont deserve names where as the males do.
As always males are more important :P

(waits :shifty: )

the kids named jaffa and mickey
i names dolf

hubby named them but they are so stupid i didnt want to put them on here lmfao he was thinking of naming them then that song came on the telly by the house martins (i think) so he said i know what to call them

jennifer , alison, phillipa , sue , deborah , annabel
so i said there are 7 females not just 6 you know so he said name the last one " too "

I have to live in this crazy house with this man lmfao
 

Most reactions

Back
Top