New to this...but this seems VERY wrong

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

brokenoob!

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I started with small cheap betta tanks just a couple of months ago until I accidentally bought a molly who gave birth to 13 fry! Now I'm expanding in a major way. Anyways, I was searching for new tanks on OfferUp last night and I found this woman advertising a 10 gallon tank for sale--but LOOK AT WHAT IS INSIDE!! I don't even know what kind of fish these are--sharks? but there are THREE OF THEM living in a 10 gallon. I know I can't even fit all my fry into a 10 gallon once they grow up, I can't imagine thinking this is a suitable home. Am I wrong to be outraged by this, or maybe is this just something that I don't understand (I am veryyyy new to all of this)? Should I say something to the OP?

IMG_7739.PNGIMG_7740.PNGIMG_7741.PNGIMG_7742.PNGIMG_7743.PNGIMG_7744.PNG

Hey everyone! I started with small cheap betta tanks just a couple of months ago until I accidentally bought a molly who gave birth to 13 fry! Now I'm expanding in a major way. Anyways, I was searching for new tanks on OfferUp last night and I found this woman advertising a 10 gallon tank for sale--but LOOK AT WHAT IS INSIDE!! I don't even know what kind of fish these are--sharks? but there are THREE OF THEM living in a 10 gallon. I know I can't even fit all my fry into a 10 gallon once they grow up, I can't imagine thinking this is a suitable home. Am I wrong to be outraged by this, or maybe is this just something that I don't understand (I am veryyyy new to all of this)? Should I say something to the OP?

View attachment 100120View attachment 100121View attachment 100122View attachment 100123View attachment 100124View attachment 100125
You have every right to be outraged!

View attachment 100120View attachment 100121View attachment 100122View attachment 100123View attachment 100124View attachment 100125

That is so wrong and cruel to those fish. There is no excuse for this!

Definitely say something. The fish on the bottom is a common pleco that can get up to 2 ft and the sharks look like iridescent shark that can get up to 4ft and are commonly sold as food in asia. Keeping either of these fish in a 10 is cruel and unusual punishment. If these were dogs or cats id call animal services on them sadly fish dont have many rights:(

Last edited:
This is very terrible, maybe find a fish rescue (yes there are some, just not very many) or aquarium that would be willing to take them and offer the person to take them?

Very sad. Those are a type of freshwater catfish, not a shark. They grow to be very big and need tons of room. :(

When I said beyond belief I wasn't joking. Can they grow that large in that tank ? Something not right here so think we've been duped.

When I said beyond belief I wasn't joking. Can they grow that large in that tank ? Something not right here so think we've been duped.
How do you think we have been duped?

I also was thinking it would have been impossible for them to grow that large in this tank, my theory is that they grew up somewhere else and were tossed in here once fully grown.

I just looked at the posting and it said the fish are not included. Cant help but wonder if they died from being in such a small tank

There's a whole subreddit on Reddit dedicated to shaming tanks like this. It gets depressing.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back