New to the scene

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

pete

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Right ive just started keeping live plants due to a change of fish stock so any advice would be a bonus.

And before you all ask yes they are growing like wild fire ...........in fact ive got 2 jungle theme tanks now lmfao :p :laugh:

What plants do you have going and what's the set up for the plants? martini

OK ive got ............................

Hornwart, Amazonion Frogbit, Java Fern, Java Moss, Giant Vallis, Twisted Vallis and a couple of Cypts and something else i cant remember the name of right now lol :p

All are growing like wild fire and as ive done nothing special im rather surprised really :what: :laugh:

I dont feed them or have any special lights, i just basically chuck em in the tank and use whatever lights are lying around (usually powerglows or tritons).

I now have 2 jungle tanks lol........a Juwel Rekord 96 with sand substrate and a Juwel Rekord 120 with pea gravel substrate both using the standard Juwel light supplied, in fact i couldnt even tell you the make of the tubes as ive never looked lol :look:

I leave some floating and others i anchor into the substrate.

Oh yeah and ive now got tons of duck weed too lol

Sounds like you have some pretty hardy plants there. To stick with those types of plants you could also try any type of
anubius. This plant can live forever!!!!
Salvinia another floating plant much bigger than duckweed. Waterlettuce even bigger floating plant.
Wisteria
Water sprite
Willow moss
Any type of hygro
Any type of crypt
rotala indica
anacharis
most types of sword

ok so i read some people like floating plants and thaught id do a search for my fated enimy duck weed. the reason i dont like it is because its everywhere i turn i cant escape the stuff. it sticks to other plants bits of gravel and ... trust me once you have duck weed you had better learn to like it its gets into everything and covers every inch of water surface. you might as well throw out your hood light as none of the light goes to the fish or the plants. its becomes a weekly ritual to throw out a clump of the stuff. so far i have been lucky im not shure if it spores or something but it has me paranoid. -_-

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back