New to the forum - Thought I'd say Hi before picking your brains.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Chris Loosemore

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new to the Forum. I live in the UK. Have had a 28 gallon Tropical tank now for 2 years with community fish. No problems encountered up til now. Healthy fish, Mollys breeding etc. I'm hoping to learn from all the experienced people on here in due course. Thought I'd join and say hello before I post a problem I've just encountered that I can't seem to find an answer to anywhere on the net. :)

Last edited:
Welcome. Our forum members are up to the task. See if you can stump our experts. Also check out our Tank of the Month. Consider entering and be sure to vote.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Ok - Not sure if I'm having a 'Blonde moment' (stupid thought) as we say here in the UK but whilst cleaning my tank recently I've spotted what appear to be empty egg/shell cases resting on the sand. As many as 20. They are transparent and don't appear to contain anything. I've included a couple of photos so you experts can take a look. To give size to them they are approx. 3-4 mm in length. I thought they were assassin snail eggs (I have a couple of snails) at first but I think they are square in shape and not tubular.
Just to list the fish I have:
1 x Gourami
5 x Male Mollies (females in separate tank)
1 x Zebra Danio
6 x Neon Tetras
20190506_170747.jpg
20190506_170917.jpg
20180221_181354 222- Copy.jpg

3 x Widow Tetras
3 x Male Sword Tails
2 x Corydoras
2 x Amano Shrimp (would like more but hard to acquire in UK aquatic stores).

All my plants are plastic/silk

If not egg cases, could it just be Fish faeces? - strange shape I know but I'm lost for an answer. I hope an expert out there can solve this for me.

ps. I've also included a photo of what my tank looks like (taken last year before restocking).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back