Hello!
Just thought I would introduce myself.
Wes, 27 yo Male in Atlanta

46g bowfront tank
2 Archer fish
2 Acei Cichlids
1 Bush fish
1 Sengal Bichir

I had been using Aquarium Advice for info on stocking my tank, but after being chastised for referring to a fish that bit me as "b*tch fish" I decided it was time for a change.

Nice to meet everyone!

Hi Wes and Welcome :hi:

fishforums.net or "TFF" as we tend to call it has a lot of good subforums. You're currently in the "New to the Hobby" one that tends to be good for beginners in freshwater tropical typical hobbyist tanks. There are great forums too for general tropical topics, for hardware, for planted tanks for salt water hobbyists and lots of other things. Hope you enjoy it.

Have you been a hobbyist for long? How long has your currently described tank been running?

~~waterdrop~~ :)

I've had my 46g tank for about 7 years, but most of that time it only contained a Midas cichlid, Pacu, and Jewel Cichlid... definitely not recommended fish for a 46g.

I recently gave the fish up on craigslist to owners with larger tanks and began to restock mine with more appropriate fish.

Here's the tank before I adopted everyone out. I'll get some pictures of the new guys soon.

pacu1.jpg

jewel1.jpg

CIMG0317s.jpg

There are definately some members on here who enjoy big cichlids. You might find them in the cichlid area and perhaps tropical discussion and some others. Good that you sent those nice looking guys off to bigger tanks!

~~waterdrop~~

Welcome to the site WesBlog. You may find that many of us here are a little less likely to just quote narrow advice and instead take the time to think about your questions. I have spent time on that other site and found their attitudes about fish care were fossilizing. Around here, learning and thinking things through are more accepted.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back