New Task Telling A Red Devil And A Midas Apart

snake007

Me encanta cíclidos
Reaction score
Ive come a cross these and wondering whats the difference between the normal jag and this one?

Whats the minimum tank size for a jag on its own, no tankmates?

Thanks

The difference is that they sell managuense at petsmart and say you can stick it in a 20 gallon tank :fun:

Jaguar minimum tank size imo would be something like a 5'x2'x2'. They're known to be very aggressive and get a bit longer than oscars, I believe. Unless you have a gargantuan fish tank, keep them alone.

Lol ill forget about them for a while then.
Oh by the way whats the difference between midas and red devils, and how can you tell them apart since they look the same when young?

Lol ill forget about them for a while then.
Oh by the way whats the difference between midas and red devils, and how can you tell them apart since they look the same when young?
You got me there, I thought they were the same thing, just different names for it :blink:

Tis what I thought as well until I saw something online about them being two different species, They have different scientific names, thats what got me wondering.

Most red devils or midas you see in stores are hybrids of the two making it darn near impossible to tell them apart! :grr: Red devils have thicker lips and a longer body and have no to very little nuchal hump(kok or the hump on there head). Midas generally shorter, stockier bodies than RD they also get larger nuchal humps but some have no nuchal hump. But some pure RD can have some midas features and some midas can have RD features. Unless you buy from a reputable breeder, like Jeff Rapps, its best to name your midas or red devil a midevil. If your one who just keeps fish for there beauty it really doesn't matter which one you get :)

Most red devils or midas you see in stores are hybrids of the two making it darn near impossible to tell them apart! :grr: Red devils have thicker lips and a longer body and have no to very little nuchal hump(kok or the hump on there head). Midas generally shorter, stockier bodies than RD they also get larger nuchal humps but some have no nuchal hump. But some pure RD can have some midas features and some midas can have RD features. Unless you buy from a reputable breeder, like Jeff Rapps, its best to name your midas or red devil a midevil. If your one who just keeps fish for there beauty it really doesn't matter which one you get :)

Thanks! ;)

Most reactions

Back