New tank

Parislondonparis

Reaction score
Hi there. First post for me. A few pictures of
my new tank and it’s inhabitants. Zebra plecos, L046.

I am not sure if they are eating because during the day they hide, and at night they don’t seem to touch the blood worms. I hope they take some of the other food I throw in. They have been there a week, so I guess they must be taking some food.

Plants still to come.
4B435033-48B1-478F-A689-376F0A414462.jpeg
929E69CD-5AF8-4A76-9A46-D39CA1B23465.jpeg
19DB38A1-C591-42B4-8F35-C924904E4AD5.jpeg

Byron

Reaction score
Welcome to TFF. :hi:

This is indeed a beautiful fish, I had one many years ago. Hypancistrus zebra is the species as described by Isbrucker & Nijssen (1991). It lived in a huge chunk of wood, and I rarely saw it since it is very shy by nature, but I do have a trick that works. When I feed I gently tap on the tank frame with the spoon I use for the flake/pellet food. I do the same when I feed the "treat" frozen bloodworms. Fish quickly learn what this tapping means, and my Zebra would dart out after just a few seconds and charge around the open area in front of his "door."

A caution on bloodworms, these are not especially nutritious and should only be fed once a week. It should be easy to wean these fish onto better food, like the Omega One Veggie Rounds and Shrimp Pellets.

OP
P

Parislondonparis

Reaction score
Plecostomus are very popular among people here. You'll get a lot of good advice. @Lilyann , what say you ?
Currently I am feeding repashy which I put in the tank just before going to bed. I don’t see them eat it but in the morning it is gone.

very shy fish indeed but beautiful

brownie17

Reaction score
Hello, guys! The whole day I'm sitting on fish forums. I decided to buy my first big aquarium. I was inspired by great photos of aquariums, plants and their inhabitants. I really liked some species of fish and plants. And I will definitely buy shrimp. They are the cutties.

Deanasue

Staff member
Global Moderator
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score