Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New tank

Discussion in 'Member's Aquarium and Fish Pictures' started by Parislondonparis, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Parislondonparis

Parislondonparis New Member

Hi there. First post for me. A few pictures of
    my new tank and it’s inhabitants. Zebra plecos, L046.

I am not sure if they are eating because during the day they hide, and at night they don’t seem to touch the blood worms. I hope they take some of the other food I throw in. They have been there a week, so I guess they must be taking some food.

Plants still to come.
    4B435033-48B1-478F-A689-376F0A414462.jpeg 929E69CD-5AF8-4A76-9A46-D39CA1B23465.jpeg 19DB38A1-C591-42B4-8F35-C924904E4AD5.jpeg

2. Byron

Byron Member

Welcome to TFF. :hi:

This is indeed a beautiful fish, I had one many years ago. Hypancistrus zebra is the species as described by Isbrucker & Nijssen (1991). It lived in a huge chunk of wood, and I rarely saw it since it is very shy by nature, but I do have a trick that works. When I feed I gently tap on the tank frame with the spoon I use for the flake/pellet food. I do the same when I feed the "treat" frozen bloodworms. Fish quickly learn what this tapping means, and my Zebra would dart out after just a few seconds and charge around the open area in front of his "door."

A caution on bloodworms, these are not especially nutritious and should only be fed once a week. It should be easy to wean these fish onto better food, like the Omega One Veggie Rounds and Shrimp Pellets.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Back in the fold

Back in the fold Fish Herder

Plecostomus are very popular among people here. You'll get a lot of good advice. @Lilyann , what say you ?

4. Parislondonparis

Parislondonparis New Member

Currently I am feeding repashy which I put in the tank just before going to bed. I don’t see them eat it but in the morning it is gone.

very shy fish indeed but beautiful

5. brownie17

brownie17 New Member

Hello, guys! The whole day I'm sitting on fish forums. I decided to buy my first big aquarium. I was inspired by great photos of aquariums, plants and their inhabitants. I really liked some species of fish and plants. And I will definitely buy shrimp. They are the cutties.

6. Deanasue

Deanasue Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Global Moderator Tank of the Month Winner!

7. brownie17

brownie17 New Member

Thank you :*

8. Back in the fold

Back in the fold Fish Herder

Welcome to our little group @brownie17 . Glad you are getting a big tank. Lots of fun.