Mowbz

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Not mine of course, but up for sale on an auction site near you

pic001.jpg

Discuss....... :blink:

He wants 800 for the lot

FROM EBAY

its a clear seal 5ft tank which was bought just over 6months ago but due to moving house it needs to go.
it has every think your ever need its got
405 fluval pump
aqua flow 400 internal pump x2
2x fluval heaters
big pump for the air bubbles which goes end to end of the tank
its has a bid box of bits all spare bits for the pumps big co2 canister extra pumps heaters and filter bits.
its got 2 4ft lights running by a power glo 220w
all the fish need to with it too?
tiger shovel nose cat fish17" long
hybrid red tailed cat with a shovel nose looks amazing 18" long
talapier 5"
3 parrot fish
albino big Oscar
black and red Oscar
a big plec
iv had these fish since they were baby's and they are worth alot of money now, there's 3 massive big bits of wood with moss and plants on them were its grown on it loads of laver rock and plants.

Didnt post that it was eBay as thought we wouldnt be allowed, but yes, its on eBay

What i dont understand, is why when they claim to have had those fish since fry, they have them in that tank. The Shovelnose alone is said to be 17", nearly distace from front to back of tank. In the pic above his tail fin is bent round so you cant see the true length, but i bet it has a hard time turning around. And by the time he's got movings, his nose os on the other tank wall.....

Theres also a futher apparently Red Tailed/ Shovelnose "hybrid" @ 18" long. He's under the centre peice of bogwood, probably because he too cant move.

Nice tank, and nice fish, not together.

Not great, but to be honest I've seen A LOT worse. The tank might not be ideal but they appear to at least have room to turn around and swim a little bit.

Considering the filtration I think it is overstocked regardless of size. A friend has two Oscars and two Jag's in his 5ft with an FX5 and internal powerhead/filter and that is still hard to keep clean and he also has less bogwood to keep maximum swimming space.

Some great looking fish and their colours look good though so they must be pretty happy with pretty good water conditions.

The tank is too small for the Shovel nose but they able to turn with the size of the tank they are in. Ideally the tank would need to be at least 8' long and 4' deep if it is the P.corruscans which attains around 45" in length. It could also be P.reticulatum as I am not great with my shovel nose but they attain around 24" in length so something around 6' long and 3' deep would suffice.

The thing that really gets me is it is clearly overstocked with large fish and the water line is still a good 3" below the top as well.

Kind Regards,

Adam

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back