New Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I know that you all mean well and have the welfare of my fish in mind and I will take all the advice that is given, and with that this morning I emptied the tank by approx 85/90% and refilled as advised, then I added 15ml of water treatment for the de-chlorification and also 10ml Nutrafin cycle to aid with the elimination of any ammonia and nitrite that would be left over.
thanks for the warm welcome and feel free to admonish me if I do anything wrong in the future :)

thanks for the warm welcome and feel free to admonish me if I do anything wrong in the future :)

ooh there theys an offer we wont be able to resist, sounds like you are on the right road now, keep changing and testing until you have 0 ammonia and 0 nitrites, you can still visit shops and see what fish you want to keep, dont buy the first thing you see, some fish are incompatable for instand bettas are the beautiful fish ever, but tend to be kept on their own due to their temperment, so reseach all these lovely fish you see in the shops and make yourself a little list, post on here and adjust until you are happy that what you add will not unset the tank.

where abouts in suffolk are you im near colchester di

Thanks fishyfeet, I will make a list although as it's only a 60litre (13 gallon) tank there wont be many fish in it, at present I have 5 golden barbs and 3 male guppies.
As to where I'm from, it's Lowestoft.

I am so glad I did not offend you in any way. I really do want to help. What are you using for dechloinator? I use Prime by Seachem. It's a great product. A small bottle goes a very long way. It also neutralizes ammonia, so there would be no need for the bottled bacteria(Nutrafin Cycle). It will save you a little money.

sound like your on track now mate! glad you didn't take offense to anything we all said to you! would hate to think we had put you off or upset you!! keep us updated on how things are going. you certainly seem to care a lot about your fish and their well-being and as i said before, you are always welcome here!!

good luck with everything.

L ;)

Dont worry about offending me coleen, I have a thick skin and an even thicker head lol.
I use a product called "I love fish Tap water" for dechlorination from my local pets at home store.
My tank parts are........

Aquarium.... Marina Style Glass Aquarium Tropical Set 60 litre 60x30x35cm

Filter.......Marina S10 with 3 filters

Heater.......Marina Submersible

i'm a slight newbie to fish. but my dealings with pets at home are on the darker side of black. if you need advice on fish, here is the place to ask for sure. they sell fish and give out advice they've been told. i got told buying 9 female guppies and 3 male guppies was wrong for the size tank i've got, my tank is 60 gallons. the two staff i've had dealings with have both been wrong. said i wanted a cichlid tank set up and they said to get oscars and rams together. their not even cheap either.

I'm from the US so I'm not familiar with pets at home. But I assume it's along the line of our petsmart or petco. I have developed a little trick to tell me if the lfs I am dealing with is knowledgeable or not. After you get more comfortable with what you are doing and you know the answers to a few basic questions, go to the lfs and play stupid. Tell them you just set up your tank today and want them to test the water and let you know if it's ready for fish. If the answer is yes, beware. If they tell you your water is fine but stocking the aquarium may disrupt the balance, ask more questions about cycling. Don't let them know you know what you are doing. The answers they give will tell you if they know and care about what you are doing. I still play stupid once and awhile at my favorite lfs. They have gotten to know me too well. Now they say "You know the answer to that, don't you?"
If you don't know the answers to the questions you want to ask your lfs, come here first and ask us. We will give you the answers and you can check to see if your lfs is telling you the truth or not.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back