New Tank Oranda fantail + white clouds?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I would definitely remove the zeolite.

Bottled bacteria needs food to get the colonies to grow. This food is ammonia. Without it the bacteria won't grow. The tank is not heavily planted so it can't really on plants to remove most of the ammonia.

The order of the media is reversed. The first media that water being pumped into the filter should pass through is the largest, usually ceramic disks, "Nuts" as in nuts and bolts, or whatever. This is just to trap larger bits so they don't clog the fine mesh media. The second media can be biological. The third/final media is the sponge/wool that traps very fine particulate matte.
ok, and with the Coal+Zeolite what i do? I trow it away?

Yes. As I've explained, zeolite should not be used in a filter and carbon isn't needed on a routine basis either. Carbon's only real use is to remove medication after treatment has finished so it's worth having some in the cupboard.
If you keep the carbo-zeolite in there and you ever need to medicate the fish, you'd have to remove them anyway as both remove meds from the water.

Yes. As I've explained, zeolite should not be used in a filter and carbon isn't needed on a routine basis either. Carbon's only real use is to remove medication after treatment has finished so it's worth having some in the cupboard.
If you keep the carbo-zeolite in there and you ever need to medicate the fish, you'd have to remove them anyway as both remove meds from the water.
Ok I remove it from the filter and I put them dry under the sun, so I can use it again in another occasion. I added more wool

I would not used the zeolite ever. If it can't be separated from the carbon I would throw it all away.

That sounds great :D When do the fish move in? Make sure you share some pics with us :)
Hello here finally my last update :) they are so Happy in their new home, we also have a new friend ;) Gigi the snail

I'm thinking to add 6 Amano shrimps! Is a Good idea ?

IMG_20220605_174228.jpg

IMG_20220605_185506.jpg

IMG_20220605_102241.jpg

Screenshot_2022-06-05-14-00-49-336_com.blurams.ipc.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220605_185506.jpg
    IMG_20220605_185506.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20220605_174230.jpg
    IMG_20220605_174230.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
They look great! Look like they are putting some size on now!

Most reactions

Back