New tank has arrived

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month šŸŒŸ
Reaction score
Hi all my new tank has arrived Was supposed to be 120g but closer to 110 itā€™s 500 litres after a long talk with the wife ā€œweā€ have decided that itā€™s too big to keep empty and canā€™t store it , My current tank is 4ft 65-70 g and is established currently running a fx4 filter with about 12 days use , I have orderd some quick start and should be here in the few days , can I do a straight swap ? Will there be enough bb in the filter I do have a tAnk full of wood and slate tht will also be put in the new tank, my plan was to add new gravel to the new tank then fill completely with water add the quick start and let sit for 24 il still treat the water with tap safe then take all the wood and slate from the old tank into the new then take the filter from the old to the new then add the fish from the old to the new , please educate me if thereā€™s a better way , will I transfer enough bb ? Iā€™m worried as the volume of the new tank is almost double of the old

I wouldā€™ve been putting extra plants, spare caves, ornaments, plant pots etc into the old one a few weeks back. Stick em in the new one even temporarily just to help things along.
Best of luck.

I wouldā€™ve been putting extra plants, spare caves, ornaments, plant pots etc into the old one a few weeks back. Stick em in the new one even temporarily just to help things along.
Best of luck.
I have a load of spare plants and rocks I will add thoses when I get home for a week , good idea thanks

Most reactions

trending

Back