New Tank - Choices

moll

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Feb 28, 2008
Messages
176
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
NE England
Hi we are about to get a new tank I've been following a few on Ebay but my husband has put his foot down and said new means new if we got one of ebay you don't know what treatments have been used the state of the seal of anything so now I have to choose a new one.

But this will limit size to budget.

We are looking at least 200 litres, now he does not want one that is drilled at the bottom he has a fear of it leaking, so can anyone recommend a big tank for us that is top drilled, we would prefer a package that includes a filter and cabinet but here is the difficult one he refuses to have a cabinet that looks in any way flimsy we have children one who likes to climb he will be watched like a hawk but little boys like to run.

We are looking at up to £300 for a 200 litre but will stretch to more if a bigger tank at a good price. We will be ordering on line as our local shops do not offer a delivery service.

Any helps tips and anything to avoid.

It will be a live bearer tank, so no big fish other than our pleco.

We do have a concrete floor in the half of the room where it will go.

I wish tanks weren't so expensive one day I will have the money to get one built, but by then I won't be able to keep fish its my husbands aim once the youngest hits uni he is selling the house and living on a canal boat :unsure:
 
Have a look at some of these, there are loads of different sizes and different prices

[URL="http://www.aquaworldlimited.co.uk/acatalog..._New_Range.html"]http://www.aquaworldlimited.co.uk/acatalog..._New_Range.html[/URL]

I got my 400 litre from here, great tanks for price.

Wow I love the bull nosed one if my son was not such a nutter I'd have that as a room devider like a shot I also love the tables but again not safe with him in the house nothing is safe from him (he is not in my good books he has just stole a chunk of his sisters cake for her party tonight)
 
Have a look at some of these, there are loads of different sizes and different prices

<a href="http://www.aquaworldlimited.co.uk/acatalog..._New_Range.html" target="_blank">http://www.aquaworldlimited.co.uk/acatalog..._New_Range.html</a>

I got my 400 litre from here, great tanks for price.

Wow I love the bull nosed one if my son was not such a nutter I'd have that as a room devider like a shot I also love the tables but again not safe with him in the house nothing is safe from him (he is not in my good books he has just stole a chunk of his sisters cake for her party tonight)

Hi I have a 4 year old girl, she is fine with it, always has and 3 year old boy (Quite boisterous) but he generally leaves the tank alone, only a couple of times has he banged on the tank when he was 2-3 years old. It is out of the way so he cannot run into it, he has not tried climbing onto it (has with everything else).
Some boys are very cunning, we put easter eggs on top of fridge freezer, pretty tall, he got a a chair and with a broom knocked them all down so he could get to them.

If you put a tank along the wall to the corner, then I think you would probably be ok. I know the cabinets are very sturdy.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top