New Stock?

adam98150

Fish Addict
Joined
Dec 28, 2005
Messages
754
Reaction score
3
Points
0
I was thinking about rehoming my Tetra's to my local LFS, or to someone on here if you wouldn't mind taking them off my hands? My Red Tail is becoming pretty aggressive and i think it would be best to give my Tetra's away. :( I also only have one neon, and obviously a shoal would be ideal. So i was thinking about new stock, maybe another kind of schooling fish? Possibly some type of Barb (tiger) as they grow larger then Tetra's, and also have aggressive tendencies.

Any idea's appreciated. :)
 
Tiger barbs imo do not look as nice as they mature, they are fine looking fish when small but lose colour as they age, species tanks can look great if you don't get bored of looking at the same fish, rainbow fish are nice and easy to keep, have not kept them with sharks, but they should be ok.
 
Tiger barbs imo do not look as nice as they mature, they are fine looking fish when small but lose colour as they age, species tanks can look great if you don't get bored of looking at the same fish, rainbow fish are nice and easy to keep, have not kept them with sharks, but they should be ok.


Thank you, i like the look of Rainbow Fish, my LFS carries a few, may have to take a trip down. :drool:

I've had a good look at the Tiger Barb's, and have found they can grow up to 3 inch. :crazy:
 
What are my other option's for schooling fish? I think i am going to purchase two Bamboo Shrimp's alongside an African Filter Shrimp / Cameroon Armoured Fan - Shrimp.

armouredfanshrimpui5.jpg


bambooshrimpig1.jpg


My LFS sadly only carry one variety of the Rainbow Fish, and so there is not much choice. Any other idea's?
 
Sorry, I haven't gone over the fish you already have, but if you buy the shrimp, be sure you have:

A. Well aerated water and a mature setup
B. Nothing that likes eating shrimp cocktail, it will be an expensive snack!
 
nope sorry, can't really think of many at the moment. Everytime i think i keep comimg back to tetra's, harlyquins look amazing when you have loads as do cardinal's and neons, then there is always lemons and xray's....i'm sure you will come up with something.

those shrimps are cool, the one in the top pic is new to me and i want one :good: , will it eat my tetra's?
 
Both Shrimp's are completely harmless, but the top one can grow up to 6", which is pretty large. ;)

My Aquarium is just under 2 year's old, and i do water changes often. I guess it's back to looking through the fish index, thanks for your comment's. :good:
 
I like the look of the Serpae Tetra, if i understand correctly it can grow up to 4cm. How many would you suggest i purchase? I'm thinking a minimum of 6 as with all tetra's.

If i wasn't to buy schooling fish what would you suggest? At the moment my Aquarium look's unorganised and a little 'odd' with all the different varieties of fish currently in there, there colour's don't seem to go well together, i would like it to look 'neat'.

Thank you for your comment. ;)
 
I like the look of the Serpae Tetra, if i understand correctly it can grow up to 4cm. How many would you suggest i purchase? I'm thinking a minimum of 6 as with all tetra's.

If i wasn't to buy schooling fish what would you suggest? At the moment my Aquarium look's unorganised and a little 'odd' with all the different varieties of fish currently in there, there colour's don't seem to go well together, i would like it to look 'neat'.

Thank you for your comment. ;)

What other fish will have after the swap? I would say about 6 of the Serpaes, the reddish color of them will blend in well with the red and black of the RTS. You could also trade the gouramis for a pair or pearl gourami's the red on the male would tie in nicely. Is your tank fully planted, becuase the red agains the green is awsome. My tank has a red theme aswell. I have the RTS, Bleeding heart tetras, cherry barbs and white clouds and Red sword tails. My RTS doesn't bother the other fish though. Sadly they don't have any red bottom feeders.
 
I like the look of the Serpae Tetra, if i understand correctly it can grow up to 4cm. How many would you suggest i purchase? I'm thinking a minimum of 6 as with all tetra's.

If i wasn't to buy schooling fish what would you suggest? At the moment my Aquarium look's unorganised and a little 'odd' with all the different varieties of fish currently in there, there colour's don't seem to go well together, i would like it to look 'neat'.

Thank you for your comment. ;)

What other fish will have after the swap? I would say about 6 of the Serpaes, the reddish color of them will blend in well with the red and black of the RTS. You could also trade the gouramis for a pair or pearl gourami's the red on the male would tie in nicely. Is your tank fully planted, becuase the red agains the green is awsome. My tank has a red theme aswell. I have the RTS, Bleeding heart tetras, cherry barbs and white clouds and Red sword tails. My RTS doesn't bother the other fish though. Sadly they don't have any red bottom feeders.

Maybe a sort of loach? Or, if you don't mind blue (and have a large tank!) Botia modesta, look it up.
 
Maybe a sort of loach? Or, if you don't mind blue (and have a large tank!) Botia modesta, look it up.
[/quote]


Looks nice, but I love my snails.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top