New Pond

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Lynn

Reaction score
Good day all, I just put in a very small pond that was given to me. It is a preformed 50 gal with a sponge filter and water fall head attchments. It has been running for a while now and last week i added 4 feeder goldfish to it. (I really only want 2-3 of them but allow for any mishaps that might happen). -_-

I also put in some water lettuce and a Typha Minima (miniature cattail). Does anyone have experience with this type of plant? (miniature cattail)?

I was told by our nursery here that for the winter just plant it in a protected area and then dig it up again in the spring and place back into the pond. I noticed yesterday that there are three new shoots of it coming up in the pot. It is in a 4" pot with pea gravel, it is not blooming as it is quite small yet, I do hope it blooms those cute cattails for me this year. I also have it on the shelf of the pond where 2" of water covers the top of it, all seem to be fine.

Any info about this plant would be very much appreciated :nod: :fun: :rolleyes:

Hi Lynn,
Where do you hail from?
Cattails do not fair well here in the UK, so I'm guessing that you may be abroad. If you are and you want to know more on the type of plants give this website a try: www.justliners.com

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back