New Platys

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sailfin Zach

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I got a Sunburst a Micky Mouse and a Gold Wag Platies on Monday and have been doing well and just wanted to know a little bit more about them. ;)

It looks like you've got a molly in your tank. Although I've never kept mollies, I believe that platies and mollies are much the same. If your molly is happy, I'd say that the chances are good that your platies will be happy as well!

It looks like you've got a molly in your tank. Although I've never kept mollies, I believe that platies and mollies are much the same. If your molly is happy, I'd say that the chances are good that your platies will be happy as well!
Well I do not have my Molly anymore i gave it to my grandpa

Anyhow I do have two Molly fry in my tank :lol:

Platys are nice colorful, peaceful fish. I don't have any at the moment, but mine used to like eating algae wafers.

Mark

Platys were my first fish and they are great. Peacful, colourful and they make use of the whole tank. Have you got a mix of males and females? If yes, then you will have fry sometime.

Platies are easy care fish using nothing but tap water and feeding typical flake foods with a rare treat of frozen foods. They need a temperature of at least 70F, 21C and no more than about 78F, 26C. I see neons in your tank. They are often kept warmer and in water with lower mineral content than platies. If you have been taking special care to lower minerals for the neons, your water may not be suitable for platies.

Platys were my first fish and they are great. Peacful, colourful and they make use of the whole tank. Have you got a mix of males and females? If yes, then you will have fry sometime.
I do not i got three males because its to much work and ive deald with it before whith my mollies

I do not i got three males because its to much work and ive deald with it before whith my mollies

Understandable! ;)
Yeah my molly had a boyfriend that died recenly and i gave my molly to my granpas 29gallon tank because she was chasing all the other fish and she was about to burst babies again because aparenly for the first 6 months that you have them they non-stop have babies

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back