New Phone

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Those are great pictures of great fish. How do you not get reflection off the glass in your pictures ? What type of lighting ? Night ? Day or what ? Why are your pictures not blurry ? Do you take a lot and delete a lot or do the fish cooperate ?
Great pictures! The cories are super cute. I was wondering the same thing as @Back in the fold, how do you stop the reflection? Do you put your phone right to the glass, or is there another method?

Yes up to the glass, reduces the reflection.

Also, photo at an angle, reduces reflection too.

I avoid using flash unless with my big camera. All I use for my phone is the natural aquarium lighting. Thats it.

And its a mix of everything. Co-operation of the fish, a chance moment of them being still, and persistence and tons of photos and selecting only a small percentage of that batch.

Don't try to focus on the fish. Use the lock focus feature on something non-moving in the same field of view the fish is. Once its locked, move your phone into the focus range or wait for the fish to come to you

I think you would have to use a mini-usb to usb cable to connect your phone to your computer.

Or perhaps you can send the pic via email and then open your email on your computer. If it's a very old flip phone, the pic quality will leave a lot to be desired as those old flip phones only takes pics at maybe 1 mpxl which is tiny and low resolution.

Time to upgrade to a newer phone...if you want to spend as little as possible for a quality phone, ebay sells used iphone 6s plus phones (dont buy the older iphone 6) pretty reasonable. I have that phone and it takes great pics and is fairly fast on internet. I use it on my home wifi very often and it's great. And it will be able to update to ios 14 when it comes out in the fall.

PS: I also own a samsung rugby flip phone that I keep in the car only for emergencies.

Time to upgrade to a newer phone...if you want to spend as little as possible for a quality phone, ebay sells iphone 6s plus (dont buy the older iphone 6) phones pretty reasonable. I have that phone and it takes great pics and is fairly fast on internet. I use it on my home wifi very often and it's great. And it will be able to update to ios 14 when it comes out in the fall.

PS: I also own a samsung rugby flip phone that I keep in the car only for emergencies.
Actually that is what I use my flip phone for emergencies but I keep it with the car keys in the house.:friends:

Most reactions

trending

Back