New Mystery Snail Refusing To Sink

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AquariumCookie

Reaction score
So I just got a golden mystery snail along with two other black mystery snails one mystery snail in my 10 gallon completely fine my other black mystery snail in with my golden mystery snail in my 20 gallon and the black one is completely fine while my golden mystery snail refuses to sink to the bottom. I have them in with my Corydoras now and I can’t get the alkalinity to change. The Corredor’s have also been acting weird and some look white-ishPlease help I want to make sure everyone lives The parameters are:

0 nitrate
0 nitrite
150 on GH
0 chlorine
alkalinity
And a pH of 6.2
And there is only a slight trace of ammonia in a safe amount and I use ammo lock to keep it under wraps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 80
Leave it alone for a little while. if that doesn’t work, try gently shaking the mystery snail , hatch side up, in the water of your tank. It probably has an air bubble. If that doesn’t work, try to put it at the bottom of the tank with a few of the rocks keeping it down. Good luck!

For the mystery snail refusing to settle down, that's normal. My ramshorn snail floated around for a few days when I first introduced it, and now it's happily eating algae and laying eggs. They do that when they're looking for a place with better conditions, or they just want to, or they're looking for food. This is generally a normal behaviour. However, if they do so for multiple days, you should be suspicious, as it might be sick or dead.

here's a link:

As for the Corys, you'll have to ask someone else.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back