New Modern 25L Tank!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Tanks looking great! But as fishprotector said, black background. Would make everything stand out nicely. Im going to buy some black gloss this weekend an paint the background on my tank. Well excited :lol:

Keep the updates coming.... :)

Beautiful :wub:

Been on holiday and couldn't wait to see an update on this. Black background would really give it the ooomph. I also love the rasboras, very pretty fish.

(And I still want one!!!)

Tanks looking great! But as fishprotector said, black background. Would make everything stand out nicely. Im going to buy some black gloss this weekend an paint the background on my tank. Well excited :lol:

Keep the updates coming.... :)

Thank you! I think I'm gonna pick up some black card soon so I can put a background on here and my other tank too :D

I've never seen a tank anything like that. It looks very sleek :X

It does! I love the style of it. :D

Beautiful :wub:

Been on holiday and couldn't wait to see an update on this. Black background would really give it the ooomph. I also love the rasboras, very pretty fish.

(And I still want one!!!)

Hahaa :D I have to say, the rasboras are beautiful but they're the most skittish fish I've ever owned! Any time I open the door to come see the tank, they go mental! I've left the lights off and covered the tank for now, hopefully they'll settle down soon! D;

Thats a VERY nice tank and you obviously have good taste in décor too. I like this a lot!!

Thank you very much guys! :D

The fish are a lot better and I can now turn on the lights and feed them without them going mental! I can't say if the riccia is growing or not, but I can't see any growth myself. However, it's not dying, so I'm taking that as a good sign! :lol:

love the design
smile.gif
thinking of doing something similar myself.

xm20d1.jpg

Not a lot of progress I'm afraid! I think the riccia has grown out a little bit, but of course that could just be wishful thinking!! :lol:
I'm currently looking at some bettas to go in here and have found some lovely boys to choose from, so hopefully stocking-wise it'll be done soon.

Before I get him though, I'm going to go out at the weekend and pick up a black background and some other bits and pieces to make some hidey-holes and things for the fishies to go in and out of, since it's a little bare at the moment!
I'll probably plant some more riccia in the same sort of style once it's grown back a bit upstairs, but I'm not sure what to do with the rest! Maybe I can find a nice piece of wood or more intricate rock and add that in too. :)

I am still in love with your tank. I so want one! Looking forward to seeing it with the betta.

I am still in love with your tank. I so want one! Looking forward to seeing it with the betta.
Hehe! Me too, I've reserved a boy who's arriving to the seller on the 21st so should be with me around that time. Gives me a little while to plant up the tank a bit more which is good! :lol:

Have removed the riccia as was advised that the parts under the gravel would rot away! In it's place I've put in some HC from my main tank. Most of it already had some roots so I pushed them into the gravel and weighed down any parts that looked like they would float away with a few little bits of gravel which I'll remove once it's rooted. Hopefully it'll be alright, I've never really tried anything like this before!! :lol:

That is the most interesting tank design I have seen in a long time! My first thought was transparent microwave oven. I love it. Would like to see more pictures as you update the tank layout with the background, etc.

More updates! Will add some pics later. :D

The hc hasn't grown, but again, it's not dying and it's producing more roots so I'm taking this as a good sign. Have scrubbed algae off the rocks but not all of it is gone. Could anyone tell me how I can get rid of it all and how I can prevent it? I've tried cutting down the hours the light is on but it hasn't seemed to make much difference!
Unfortunately, I'm down one rasbora. I found one on the floor this morning, all dried up. He must have jumped out in the night but I don't understand how as the tank has a condensation cover on it! Very strange!

Will get some pics later so you guys can see how everything is doing. I still haven't gotten round to getting that background though! :lol:

We have these in our shop and i said this would look really nice if done prperly and it fantastic to see some one set it up right!!! ill be keeping an eye out on this thread

Regards

Jonny

FINALLY have some updates AND pictures! :lol:

I've added in some riccia, hydrocotyle tripartia and some lilaeopsis mauritiana!
To hold the riccia down, I drilled 7 holes into a piece of slate and it was then able to hold pieces of riccia down by tying some string around a bunch and fastening it underneath the piece of slate.

Anyway, the pictures!

Shot of whole tank
o59q0y.jpg

Closer shot
ubjnc.jpg

The Pennywort
1060bvc.jpg

One of the fishies!
e96v5s.jpg

Most reactions

Back