New Member With A Pregnant Molly?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SaraLove16

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm new here but would love to start chatting! I have 2 dalmation mollies and 2 sunburst platties in a 10 gallon tank together. Both of the dalmation are girls and both the platties are males. But the last two or three days I noticed one if my mollies getting a little larger. I've had one dalmation that had bloat but I thought was pregnant and unfortunately passed. But this one I'm not sure on. Can the two types of fish breed together. I've attached a couple of pictures to try and help. Thank you all so much!

welcome. mollies and platies cant breed so dont worry you need to have a 2 to 1 female to male ratio to reduce agression for your mollies and platies, btw cant see the pictures

They can't interbreed.
It's possible your Molly is pregnant if she's been with males in the last couple of months as they can store sperm.

Lillefishy said:
They can't interbreed.
It's possible your Molly is pregnant if she's been with males in the last couple of months as they can store sperm.

This.

They can store sperm for about 6 months.

There are no other male fish in the the tank except the sunburst platties. Except the only thing I could think of is that I've only had her for about 2 months, do she could have gotten "fertilized" at the store which I got her from

That would certainly be the case. Expect further "pregnancies" for another 4 months or so.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back