New LFS in Town.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Back in the fold

That One Guy
Reaction score
Little Billings Montana has a new fish only shop. Treasure State Aquariums. I went there for the first time today. Mostly marine and reef but he has several large display tanks of freshwater fish and plants. Lots of different fish and a very nice selection of plants. They have a $30 Betta there ! Unheard of in this itty bitty burg. They are just getting going and they have a good selection of the most commonly needed merchandise. There's one 75 gallon display tank that must have 100 of the most exquisite guppies I've ever seen. All you people live in big cities with dozens of places like this so you will yawn at this post but for Billings Montana this is like the first moon landing. I am as giddy as a little school boy ! Did I mention the Paradise Fish and the Lyretail Red Wag Swordtails and the Caucatoides ? I can even special order fish ! Seriously thinking about some Festivum. Might be too much for my 20 gallon though. Marine and reef do not interest me at all but the selection of freshwater he has is something this one dog town hasn't seen in twenty years. All the newest stuff as far as lighting and filters. I am totally stoked.

Festivums get too big for a 20 gallon tank.

You should see if they have a website, maybe offer to do some volunteer work there on the weekend. Maybe drop advertising pamphlets for them. If they can stay in business for 2 years they might not shut down.
Good luck to them and I hope they do well.

Oh, and get some pictures of their shop to post on here. I like Apistogramma cacatuoides so photograph them.

Festivums get too big for a 20 gallon tank.

You should see if they have a website, maybe offer to do some volunteer work there on the weekend. Maybe drop advertising pamphlets for them. If they can stay in business for 2 years they might not shut down.
Good luck to them and I hope they do well.

Oh, and get some pictures of their shop to post on here. I like Apistogramma cacatuoides so photograph them.
Yeah, I know you're right about the 20 gallon being too small. I get excited too easily and do things without thinking it through carefully. As bad as I want them I think I'll wait for the 55 gallon I want.
Yes, I hope they can make it too. I think if they can last two years all should be well. That's a great idea about volunteering. I could help with tank maintenance or about anything and get to hang out there without being a spook.
Going to try REAL HARD to get some fairly decent pictures.
They also had Von Rio Tetras which I have not seen since ages past and which are the stuff of legend.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back