New guppy and honey gourami

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Nicole.xoxo

Reaction score
So I added 2 female guppy’s and a male guppy, I already have some glow light tetras and a honey gourami and they do just fine! What I have noticed is that the male guppy keeps following the honey gourami, should I be worried? He hasn’t nipped him yet and the goirami just swims away from him

What is the size of the tank?
How many fish are in the tank?
Could you post a quick video showing the problem?

I have not heard of guppies being aggressive. Maybe he likes hanging out with the gourami! :friends:

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

The male guppy is probably trying to breed with the gourami. Male livebearers (guppies, swordtails, platies, mollies) are randy little buggers that will try to breed with your hand. So they will also try breeding with most other fish in the tank. They won't be able to but they still try.

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

The male guppy is probably trying to breed with the gourami. Male livebearers (guppies, swordtails, platies, mollies) are randy little buggers that will try to breed with your hand. So they will also try breeding with most other fish in the tank. They won't be able to but they still try.
Yeah! That’s what I’m thinking now because he’s been tryna make babies with other fish

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back