What's new

New glo-betta

CryptFan

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
All the chain pet stores in my area all have them already! I personally think the males look like zombies, but a sorority would be really cool and I might just have to do one,

JuiceBox52

Fish Herder
Reaction score
All the chain pet stores in my area all have them already! I personally think the males look like zombies, but a sorority would be really cool and I might just have to do one,
I think they all look like zombies, despite the health issues and moral controversy in GloFish, they just dont look as nice as regular bettas

OP
Retired Viking

Retired Viking

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I want to try and pick up a Betta but not one of these. I think they have a nice enough color naturally with out modifying them :fish:I am also concern about health issues with the fish.

Last edited:

Barry Tetra

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
I want to try and pick up a Betta but not one these. I think they have a nice enough color naturally with out modifying them :fish:I am also concern about health issues with the fish.
I dont like how they made a fish just for money like those “balloon mollies” (i have one but never buy again) “bubble eye” and “Glo fish”.

Colin_T

Reaction score
I dont like how they made a fish just for money like those “balloon mollies” (i have one but never buy again) “bubble eye” and “Glo fish”.
The weird shaped fish like balloon fish are just genetic mutations. Normal fish are bred and produce heaps of young. In the wild the deformed fish (imperfect fish) would normally be eaten by other things because they couldn't swim as well or their colour made them more visible. Instead of culling these fish when they are first noticed, the breeders keep the deformed young and grow them up. Then they breed the deformed fish to encourage the deformity.

Barry Tetra

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
The weird shaped fish like balloon fish are just genetic mutations. Normal fish are bred and produce heaps of young. In the wild the deformed fish (imperfect fish) would normally be eaten by other things because they couldn't swim as well or their colour made them more visible. Instead of culling these fish when they are first noticed, the breeders keep the deformed young and grow them up. Then they breed the deformed fish to encourage the deformity.
When i bought balloon rams and mollies the chain store said its a common ram and molly too so i bought them never knew until last month.

JuiceBox52

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I think I'd rather have mutated fish (just to be clear I definitely do not like balloons etc) than actually genetically modified fish. It's just sad, fish are so amazing and pretty and cool to look at, and there are a lot of very bright and colorful varieties without that

Colin_T

Reaction score
I think I'd rather have mutated fish (just to be clear I definitely do not like balloons etc) than actually genetically modified fish.
The GM fish will probably live longer and be healthier than the deformed fish like balloon fish.

Search tags for this page

globetta