New glo-betta

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
All the chain pet stores in my area all have them already! I personally think the males look like zombies, but a sorority would be really cool and I might just have to do one,

All the chain pet stores in my area all have them already! I personally think the males look like zombies, but a sorority would be really cool and I might just have to do one,
I think they all look like zombies, despite the health issues and moral controversy in GloFish, they just dont look as nice as regular bettas

I think they all look like zombies, despite the health issues and moral controversy in GloFish, they just dont look as nice as regular bettas
Sorry wrong wording I meant in addition to, not despite haha

I want to try and pick up a Betta but not one of these. I think they have a nice enough color naturally with out modifying them :fish:I am also concern about health issues with the fish.

Last edited:
I want to try and pick up a Betta but not one these. I think they have a nice enough color naturally with out modifying them :fish:I am also concern about health issues with the fish.
I dont like how they made a fish just for money like those “balloon mollies” (i have one but never buy again) “bubble eye” and “Glo fish”.

I dont like how they made a fish just for money like those “balloon mollies” (i have one but never buy again) “bubble eye” and “Glo fish”.
The weird shaped fish like balloon fish are just genetic mutations. Normal fish are bred and produce heaps of young. In the wild the deformed fish (imperfect fish) would normally be eaten by other things because they couldn't swim as well or their colour made them more visible. Instead of culling these fish when they are first noticed, the breeders keep the deformed young and grow them up. Then they breed the deformed fish to encourage the deformity.

The weird shaped fish like balloon fish are just genetic mutations. Normal fish are bred and produce heaps of young. In the wild the deformed fish (imperfect fish) would normally be eaten by other things because they couldn't swim as well or their colour made them more visible. Instead of culling these fish when they are first noticed, the breeders keep the deformed young and grow them up. Then they breed the deformed fish to encourage the deformity.
When i bought balloon rams and mollies the chain store said its a common ram and molly too so i bought them never knew until last month.

I think I'd rather have mutated fish (just to be clear I definitely do not like balloons etc) than actually genetically modified fish. It's just sad, fish are so amazing and pretty and cool to look at, and there are a lot of very bright and colorful varieties without that

I think I'd rather have mutated fish (just to be clear I definitely do not like balloons etc) than actually genetically modified fish.
The GM fish will probably live longer and be healthier than the deformed fish like balloon fish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back