new fishroom pics

Dosnt sound to bad. Im going to do this on alittle smaller scale than you but I can get close to $400 in about a month and a half so I think im set on doing this.

FloridaFishGuy said:
Dosnt sound to bad. Im going to do this on alittle smaller scale than you but I can get close to $400 in about a month and a half so I think im set on doing this.
$400 is definately enough to get a fishroom up and going. I mentioned on another forum that I had priced up converting an old closet into a mini-fishroom with 18 10g tanks and a 33 with all the necessary hardware for around $300.

Ill probably start this project after I get my 55g and the stand built. I just meet a kid about the same age as me (17) online that has a fishroom for discus and I showed him your plans and he said that he has the same kinda setup. He lives near me so he said he will come over and help me with the air system becuase that is what i think ill have trouble with.

Moved in the 135g tank today. Let me tell you that I never want to have to move that thing EVER again. If we sell this house that damn thing is staying!

eek! what a mess!
DSCF0584.JPG

135g rack. The rack holds the 135 on top, and a 55g and 2 10's on the bottom.
DSCF0586.JPG

70g rack. Its built to hold a 70 on top and 2 20g highs on the bottom.
DSCF0589.JPG

The west wall of the fishroom now.
DSCF0590.JPG

Dont mind the clamp on the 70g. It started to split a seam maybe 2 years ago. The clamp was placed on it until I could get around to sealing it. Its been running that way since! Eventually I move the inhabitants out and reseal it. I'm in no rush though.

FloridaFishGuy said:
Looks GREAT! What fish do you plan on breeding if you plan to breed any?
Currently growing up some angels. Also breeding endlers, golden rams, some shellies, kribs, and trying my hand with a couple different species of cories.

W.O.W How many tanks do you have in total????? what a great set up you have!!! :cool: Look forward to seeing how the progress is getting on! :)

lasawyer said:
W.O.W How many tanks do you have in total????? what a great set up you have!!! :cool: Look forward to seeing how the progress is getting on! :)
Currnetly only have about 20-25 tanks running at the moment. I am building a new rack for th center of the room, 3 levels high. Eventually, the plan is to hous all sixty-something tanks I have in the room. It will be a tight squeeze, but I think it will all work out.

I;ll update the pics in a second.

It doesnt look much different, but alot has been done since the last pictures. The PVC is run accross the entire room and is now a fully looped system. The top row on the 10g rack is up and running. Some more electrical work has been done and I now have a freshwater tap! A lifesaver!

DSCF0700.JPG

convict and a cloud of fry...AKA angel food ;D
DSCF0705.JPG

tank full of endlers...All of the guys in this tank are already accounted for. Luckily I have about 4 tanks full :) Amazing little fish.
DSCF0708.JPG

Same tank.
DSCF0722.JPG

Month old endler fry coloring up nicely! Looking better than the parents! Hows that for improving the strain in just 2 generations! ;D
DSCF0710.JPG

An amazing blusher!
DSCF0717.JPG

Koi angels have colored up amazingly!
DSCF0719.JPG

Some more of the koi. They have quickly outgrown there 15g accomodations. They will be going to a 29g this weekend.
DSCF0720.JPG

The turqiose are also doing great. They are growing way too fast! Unfortunately so is the algea.
DSCF0721.JPG

Thats all for now ;D

jordan barnhart said:
Cool stuff. I want to buy your koi angels :wub:
heh...No more of those guys. They are long since gone. Hopefully I'll have another spawn soon.

As for the fishroom, nothing much has been done in a long time. I have been away at school for the past few months and as such have not had the time to do anything new. I've cut down the number of running tanks drastically. I'm moving back home next week which means I may just have to get things up and going again.

I'll see if I can find a picture of the latest center rack I built.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back