new fishroom pics

heaters are here....

DSCF0501.JPG

mega sponge filters

DSCF0502.JPG

initial tank setup (air lines have been run and heaters moved to the front).

DSCF0503.JPG

DSCF0504.JPG

Hey nice setup, after looking at this I already started doing me one in my garage (it is heated and cooled) But mine will be 4 foot rows instead. I built the shelves and just need to add cinder blocks. I am having to run plugs for my lighting and pumps. are you doing these to sell or just for fun? I figured i would make it both for me and my children. My daughter wanted to raise bettas so that is why i am doing it. I would appreciatte if you would keep posting pics so I can follow your lead if you will :D

Some more progress to update.

I've decided that unevenness is one of the biggest causes for tank blowouts. Even though I'm sure they would have been fine, with this much on the line, I decide to do something about the rack. Of course, shimming it to make it level is near impossible with all that weight on it. Or at least I though ;)

Being the genius that I am, I went out to the car and grabbed the jack from the trunk. I jacked up the front of the stand until it was level and inserted the shims. Final product is a level rack. Of course, when I put the level on the second shelf, it appears that one will need be shimmed out seperately. But that will happen when I get the tanks for the top.

Pics as always ;)

DSCF0524.JPG

DSCF0525.JPG

The shims look like they will do the trick just fine!

Tanks bubbling happily away.

DSCF0526.JPG

Some of the tanks in action

DSCF0527.JPG

Some of the inhabitants.....Endler's livebearers.

DSCF0533.JPG

DSCF0535.JPG

Also have a treo of a japanese double swortdail strain going.

DSCF0534.JPG

my_fallen_angel said:
wow looking good.

i've never seen a double sword before and you get a close up of it please??
Unfortunately he has had some problems acclimating to my tank. All the others are fine including the females he's in with. I'll try to take a good pic of him anyway, although my camera doesnt do the best with macro shots.

my_fallen_angel said:
i've never seen a double sword before and you get a close up of it please??
Tried to get some pics of him...Did not work out well. I'll post some anyways though, to give you an idea. His coloration is AMAZING. Even the best pictures would not do him justice...

DSCF0541.JPG

DSCF0548.JPG

DSCF0553.JPG

As always, more progress has been made in the never ending project.

Boy thats alot of 2x4's. Somebody must be up to something. :lol:
DSCF0536.JPG

Could it be for some more racks???
DSCF0547.JPG

I think so....
DSCF0545.JPG

Things are really coming together. Dont mind the temporary tank covers. I'm still looking for an inexpensive practical solution and this is the best one I've found so far.

Tore down my 55g display tank.....So sad :'(
DSCF0544.JPG

One of the 20g's up and running.
DSCF0546.JPG

hey man looks good

i dont understand what its for though. are you breeding to sell or is this just for fun or what? cause id reather have teh long sides facing me so i can see the fishys... i guess i dont get why ya doing it. but i have started thinking =) and thats gonna drive my girlfriend crazy... soon as i can get my hands on a digi cam ill show you guys my tanks i got 2 55g's and a 10g in my room... id like to make a rack to set the 10 on. anyway looks awesome dude

=)

Thats Awesome! Just one question is it in your garage, basement, or what? I wouldnt mind doing the same thing but in my garage.

Unphased said:
hey man looks good

i dont understand what its for though. are you breeding to sell or is this just for fun or what? cause id reather have teh long sides facing me so i can see the fishys... i guess i dont get why ya doing it. but i have started thinking =) and thats gonna drive my girlfriend crazy... soon as i can get my hands on a digi cam ill show you guys my tanks i got 2 55g's and a 10g in my room... id like to make a rack to set the 10 on. anyway looks awesome dude

=)
These tanks are all breeding and maintnance tanks. None of them are show tanks. They are put on-end because you can fit alot more of them into a smaller space, which was my main concern. It is a question that comes up all the time when people are designing the racks for their fishrooms, whether to maximize space or maximize viewing area. I simply chose the former.

This is in the basement. I have about a 12'x14' room to work with. Its not a "room" just yet. I still need to build a wall to seperate it from the rest of the room. Thats what all the 2x4's are for.

Garages and basements are the best 2 places to locate a fishroom IMO. Really, each has its pros and cosn that you need to weigh out before hand. How much room will you need? Insulation? Heating? Fresh and waste water? All things you should consider while trying to decide on a location.

I have about 15X15 of space to work with in may garage and i think i will make the same setup as yours. How much approx did it cost you for the 10g's, heaters, pvc, blocks, wood, and everything else.

FloridaFishGuy said:
I have about 15X15 of space to work with in may garage and i think i will make the same setup as yours. How much approx did it cost you for the 10g's, heaters, pvc, blocks, wood, and everything else.
The 10g rack can be built for about $80. 14 10g's to put on it will run you about $125 if new, or about $70 if used. PVC is pretty cheap. 1" PVC like I have runs only a couple bucks for an 8ft piece. Its the valves that get expensive. Last I remember they are about $1.30 a pop. Your gonna need AT LEAST 1 for each tank (more is better).

I purchased the cheapest heaters I could. They are hagen radiant 50w heaters. They are less than $6 each and ideal for this setup IMO. When you are heating the room, the heaters do very little work and are really there just for insurance purposes. I do have a couple visitherms and ebo jagers. If I were rich, I'd run these in all my tanks. But I'm not....

All total I've spent about $600. That includes 14 or so 10g's, 4 20's, 5 15's, 3 29's, enough 2x4's for a hundred racks, a complete central air system, about 40 air driven filters, and just about everything else you could possibly need in a fish room. Not too bad.....

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back