New fish, but in a bit of a conumdrum...

Snagrio

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So, I went to replace the neon tetra I lost last week and I got another 7 since it's best to get new neons in groups, and they had the apistogrammas I was wanting (both Borelli and Panduro) but for both all they had was males so I decided to get a trio of A. Trifasciata that appeared to be a male and two females.

But now I have two issues going on. First of which, the QT already has 14 neons and 8 corydoras delphax that have been there for a week and are perfectly healthy. However, one of the new neons clearly is not (the one on the middle left, parallel to the air stone hose). It has a damaged tail funny looking spots on said tail. Fungal or ich related?
IMG_20210223_153128038.jpg
IMG_20210223_153129568.jpg

Secondly, it's looking like ALL the Trifascitata are male, but it's hard for me to tell.
IMG_20210223_152942718.jpg
IMG_20210223_153250345.jpg
IMG_20210223_153412200.jpg

And even with those two issues aside, the QT tank is already a mere 10 gallons, so would it be best to go ahead and move the original residents to the main tank before I unbag the new arrivals? And what should I do about the Apistos if they're all male?

But now I have two issues going on. First of which, the QT already has 14 neons and 8 corydoras delphax that have been there for a week and are perfectly healthy. However, one of the new neons clearly is not (the one on the middle left, parallel to the air stone hose). It has a damaged tail funny looking spots on said tail. Fungal or ich related?
I would do as @Deanasue suggested. Move the ones that are in
QT now, to the main tank, and then put the new ones in the QT tank.

I can’t see what you mean by the spot on the tail though, the bag makes it hard to see.

The original neons and cories have moved to the main tank. Upon closer inspection with one of the new neons it might just be discoloration from fin damage (a number of the neons look kinda roughed up in that regard). The previous batch was a little scratched up too, but they've already started healing and the introduction to a new tannin-rich home will undoubtedly help further. I'll keep a close eye on the the new ones all the same.

As for the apistos I'm all but certain there's a male and female, and one I'm a bit unsure of but leaning towards male. Hopefully they'll behave long enough through quarantine until they're moved to the 125, where there's more than enough space and clutter for them to have peace of mind.

Most reactions

trending

Back