New Fh Coming At Th End Of The Month

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Only 24 hours now
:lol: less than that its an 11am collection, so more like 17.5 hours :hyper:

Awwww come on stop it now, your getting me all excited and I am not even getting a nice new fish! All I will say is that we want pictures tomorrow night lol.

Why do people like the 'bumps'?
To me they just look a bit unnatural, just sayin'.

TekFish :good:
I like weird looking animals.
the bump aka KOK appears on most male cichlids with some getting much more development than others. on other cichlids its reffered to as the nuchal hump rather than KOK. so it is quite a natural thing for male fish (cichlids)to develop the humpy head even angelfish develop it with age. with flowerhorns im still very much a beginner but from what ive read and researched the KOK is mainly down to the fishes hereditary background, some will develop huge ones and some quite small ones it all depends on what fish has been bred to create the individual flowerhorn. there are food products that claim to develop the KOK too but i would say its mainly down to genetics, although i have ordered some oceanfree xo humpyhead food from thailand :hey:

i remember the first time i saw them years ago and didnt see the attraction but with a huge KOK or not you cant deny that they are a stunning breed of fish, man made or not the colouration is pretty hard to beat in a freshwater fish.

:lol:

fit for a flowerhorn.....
IMAG0609.jpg

You just had to get another mention of him into tonight hey lol.

It looks nice and roomy.

The plec looks big (for someone who does not like plec poop...)

:lol: i actually love plecs they are one of my top fish but i do hate their poop :sick:

due to the fact that the flowerhorn can be a real beast im not risking the chance of any other fish, (i dont think anyway..... :hey: )i thought the best thing to try is a largeish robust pleco. ive looked at several over the last few weeks and almost went for an adonis pleco that was gorgeous but quite an expensive risk. then i saw this gibbi/sailfin and thought he was worth the risk. he is actually very stunning when in the right mood with great colouration/patterns so fingers crossed it works. if not ill have to rehome the gibbi :sad:

Get that plec some slate he can hide under if need be lol

Glad I have my little l200 and not a monster pooper like that anymore

wll the Flowerhorn is in my tank and seems to have taken to it very well and hes not even bothered the gibbi yet :hyper:

here are a few pics from when he was being acclimatised and still in the bag, i promise to put more on later once my phones charged again.....

he is even better in the flesh than is the original picture, such a beautifull fish and with the tank lights on is truely stunning :wub:

IMAG0611.jpg

IMAG0612.jpg

IMAG0613.jpg

Looking good mate glad he is settling in ok. Not seen one as big as him for a while so looking forwards to seeing him in action. What you going to feed him?

Looking good mate glad he is settling in ok. Not seen one as big as him for a while so looking forwards to seeing him in action. What you going to feed him?
ive ordered him some oceanfree XO humpyhead, starry and super red food from Thailand but hes taken hikari gold tonight. hes been fed a mixture of foods so he isnt stuck on one type which is very handy as it means he will pretty much eat anything. he is a very messy eater though and i thought oscars were bad :crazy:

Looks so cool, wish I had a tank big enough for one! :good:
thanks they are amazing fish when you get to see a proper imported one. they are in a different class to the UK shop bought fish, although the UK fish are still very nice they just lack that certain impact that the Thai/Asian fish have.

Hopefully I will get to see one when I next go to Thailand and see how nice they in the flesh. :D :fish:
yea take the time to go and visit some of the shops that are about selling them im sure you will love it. you dont fancy bringing some back with you do you? :hey:

well here are a few glary shots of him now he seems settled and the tank lights are on. ill get some more once its dark outside
IMAG0614.jpg

IMAG0615.jpg

IMAG0616.jpg

Good lord that is some kok! Lovely colouration though.

I have seen your journals before and can't see it being long before you get other tankmates :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back