The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Wills

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Hi I was trying to keep equipment to a minimum in my tank but think I need a little power head and an airstone for on a night to get rid of excess Co2.

I’ve found these and wondered what people thought of them as they are a bit different/niche compared to what I’ve had in the past.

This is the airstone/pump quite near

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CTQ2KFK/?tag=

And this is the power head is this one - it’s actually a marine wave maker but I love how small it is and the fact it’s held in place with a magnet. Less keen on how open it is at the front but when it’s in operation it

Let me know what you think

Wills

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The air stone looks good. (I have never personally used that brand, but the reviews are good)

About the wave maker... I found this on the link your provided: “Suitable for freshwater and saltwater aquariums up to 25 gallon, tank thickness up to 1/2"

So as long as your tank is under 25 gallons, you should be good. Also, you can use it in freshwater. Looks like a very good wave maker. :good:

Ive got the hygger air pump for running at night and very impressed with it
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07T6397QR/?tag=

I'd love to let you know how I'm getting on with my powerhead but it still hasnt turned up:mad:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HHYL6YM/?tag=

I've also had time to think ahead re the powerhead, and yeh, the space around the grill is a concern, especially if you're going to have it on a timer. Might be a case of wrapping some net around it.. will have to have a play, when I can!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I added one of these to my 55 gallon tank. They are inexpensive and it really seems to do a good job aerating my tank. I was worried about Co2 at night too. I had to install a valve in the air line to turn down the volume it created.

Attachments

• aerator.jpg
    aerator.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 59
I added one of these to my 55 gallon tank. They are inexpensive and it really seems to do a good job aerating my tank. I was worried about Co2 at night too. I had to install a valve in the air line to turn down the volume it created.
Does that just have some polywool screwed in to place? That's a nifty design

Not sure I just stuck it into the tank to try it out when I received it and liked it so much I left it in. I ordered it on E-bay from England and it was like 3 USD.

Thanks guys - I really like these compact air pumps as you dont need the convential brick that I've had in the past connected with airline. Reminds me of the Twinstar algae inhibitors.

Really like the Asosmos powerhead as its directional so wondering if that will help me. But I do like the minimal Hygger... Netting would be quite easy with the Hygger as you could trap it in the magnet quite easily.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back