New discovery!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mlee0332

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Alright here goes:

I have made a discovery!!! I have a fish that has rot. Well, I treated him one night with fungus clear (tablets the sell for $2.94 USD at walmart), and the aquarium was FULL of brown algae. The next day, no brown algae, anywhere!!!

Is this safe to use in aquariums that are healthy to get rid of unsightly algae? How about at half strength?

And surely this can't be coincidence, can it?

This WILL color your water a deep green color, and may stain silicon sealant- only downsides...

I might try that but the only thing is the green water color thank you for sharing this with us :)

I found that a weekend with the lights off and 5 ottos in the tank also depleted all algae in the tank.
Didn't seem to affect my plants.

"I also found that a weekend with no lights...depleted the algae"

Was that really brown algae, though? I thought they were caused by not enough light (otherwise it would be hard to explain their presence in my tank)

Your supposed to increase light for 2 weeks and that will get rid of it, or turn the water green, over night affect!!! I had guppies, neon, wcmms and none of them took care of it. Then I lost most of my stocking in that tank :/ . But all is well now! The sealant in my case didn't get stained btw!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back