New Betta.....white Thing On Her

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Faythee

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I'm setting up a 30 gal. female Betta tank. It is not ready yet, but while at Wal-Mart, there was a little girl looking at me from her cup. Since I recently bought a 3 gal. I figured what the heck.

Set up tank and put her in and notice a white thing just before her anal fin. I thought it was poo....but it was still there this morning. It doesn't look like a worm, but too big for Ick. Maybe a fluke ? I bought Jungle Parasite Clear. They are fizzing tablets. She was trying to eat it ! Has anyone experienced this ? It says...treatment may be repeated up to 2 times with 48 hrs. between treatments and a 25% water change. What if it is still there ? I hope she makes it :unsure:

I had to remove the filter as she was obsessed with it. Was strange. She is acting better now. Do I need to add a bubbler or somthing ? I can't get her to eat either.

Here is a pic...I named her Ruby.

betta1.jpg

Here's the tank. It came with the filter and light. It has a drawer to store stuff in and comes with colored lenses for the light. It is seamless acrylic. $39....not bad !

bettatank.jpg

I am not sure But i think that is her 'ovipositor' (sp) where her eggs come from. Not a cause for concern, but hopefully someone else will have some solid answers.

Yea your right,it is her egg spot ad nothing to worry abut at all, all females have them. She is a really nice bright red, bootiful girl

:blush: :blush: :blush:

Oh my.....glad I asked. LOL

Does it show all the time ?

Any suggestions of what to feed her that she can't resist ? I tried Betta pellets and flake.

Pellets are the best every day food but as a treat you can feed her live foods like blood worm or daphnia or even frozen foods but i would try to stay away from freeze dried as it has been knows to couse swimbladder issues. As an extra treat and to help keep things ahem "regular" a cooked squished half a garden pea is good.

Her egg spot will show all the time yes, it becomes more prominent when she is full of eggs

:drool: lovely tank! has it got a lid because girls jump as well as boys :good:

Yeah the lid is the clear part above the black strip. I was happy to find this tank because it is nice and modern looking while most are pink/purple etc. which don't match my decor. It could be decorated better, but what I had on hand.

Is the freeze dried food bad for all fish ?

can somtimes lead to constipation problems, most peeps on this site use hikiru betta gold baby pelets and the main dish,, then maby dries or frozen worms once a week instead iof the regular food,, just not more then 3 worms at a time,, they have alot of protine and can cause poopoo problems,, being freeze dryed can also cause this,,, just feed in moderation and its ok though.

Most reactions

trending

Back