Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New background?

Discussion in 'New to the Hobby Questions and Answers' started by Guppylover3x, Jun 9, 2019.

?

New background?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Guppylover3x

Guppylover3x Fish Addict
    Tank of the Month Winner!

I’m looking for a new background and came across one I like. It’s attached me because my tank is so pink already. The background would certainly match.

I’m wondering what others may think? I have attached a picture of the one I currently have at the moment, which is rock themed.

Any help would be grateful :)

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Colin_T

Colin_T Member

The one with green algae and rocks is better for fish because it's darker. The other 2 pictures are lighter and will cause the fish to look a bit duller.

Dark backgrounds make the fish feel more secure and their colours usually contrast better against dark backgrounds. eg: blue & red neon tetras on a black background show up well.

If you have black fish like black mollies, then use a blue or green background so the fish contrast against that.

If you like the shell background, buy a section of it and stick it on your wall like a poster.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Deanasue

Deanasue Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Global Moderator Tank of the Month Winner!

I think the pink will be too much pink and wash everything else in the tank out. You already have a beautiful tank!

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Guppylover3x

Guppylover3x Fish Addict

Thank you for the feedback @Colin_T I’ll leave it as it is then if my guppies won’t appreciate it :rolleyes:

5. Guppylover3x

Guppylover3x Fish Addict

Thank you @Deanasue you have a very good point! It will probably completely clash with the rest of the tank! Thanks for pointing that out.

I only got looking for a new background because I’m setting up my 5 gallon Fluval spec again this week. Time to invest in my first Betta!

I’m guessing he will need a background too, do you recommend anything in particular?

I was going to change the background on my guppy tank, and give the new fish their background initially.

Thanks again!

#5 Guppylover3x, Jun 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  6. Deanasue

Deanasue Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Global Moderator Tank of the Month Winner!

I don’t use backgrounds so I really don’t look at them. Sorry. I’m sure you will find just the right one. You have great taste.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1