Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Guppylover3x

Fish Addict
Tank of the Month šŸ†
Reaction score
Iā€™m looking for a new background and came across one I like. Itā€™s attached me because my tank is so pink already. The background would certainly match.

Iā€™m wondering what others may think? I have attached a picture of the one I currently have at the moment, which is rock themed.

Any help would be grateful :)

Thanks!

Attachments

• A509BCDE-D7B7-495B-BD92-5B5BA0171B00.jpeg
    A509BCDE-D7B7-495B-BD92-5B5BA0171B00.jpeg
    55.6 KB · Views: 144
  • D61E519C-962B-4B9D-93B1-5F3E1AD63544.jpeg
    D61E519C-962B-4B9D-93B1-5F3E1AD63544.jpeg
    68.9 KB · Views: 120
The one with green algae and rocks is better for fish because it's darker. The other 2 pictures are lighter and will cause the fish to look a bit duller.

Dark backgrounds make the fish feel more secure and their colours usually contrast better against dark backgrounds. eg: blue & red neon tetras on a black background show up well.

If you have black fish like black mollies, then use a blue or green background so the fish contrast against that.

If you like the shell background, buy a section of it and stick it on your wall like a poster.

I think the pink will be too much pink and wash everything else in the tank out. You already have a beautiful tank!

The one with green algae and rocks is better for fish because it's darker. The other 2 pictures are lighter and will cause the fish to look a bit duller.

Dark backgrounds make the fish feel more secure and their colours usually contrast better against dark backgrounds. eg: blue & red neon tetras on a black background show up well.

If you have black fish like black mollies, then use a blue or green background so the fish contrast against that.

If you like the shell background, buy a section of it and stick it on your wall like a poster.
Thank you for the feedback @Colin_T Iā€™ll leave it as it is then if my guppies wonā€™t appreciate it :rolleyes:

I think the pink will be too much pink and wash everything else in the tank out. You already have a beautiful tank!
Thank you @Deanasue you have a very good point! It will probably completely clash with the rest of the tank! Thanks for pointing that out.

I only got looking for a new background because Iā€™m setting up my 5 gallon Fluval spec again this week. Time to invest in my first Betta!

Iā€™m guessing he will need a background too, do you recommend anything in particular?

I was going to change the background on my guppy tank, and give the new fish their background initially.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
I donā€™t use backgrounds so I really donā€™t look at them. Sorry. Iā€™m sure you will find just the right one. You have great taste.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back