New Baby guppies

Lipreader

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I was just about to clean my tank today and found seven baby guppies! :D I'm not exactly ready for them yet but I guess I have no choice. I seperated the babies from the mother because she was trying to eat them(the babies was too fast for her! :lol: ). Anyway, I read through these old post and came across some that said feed them boiled egg yolk. Now how does that work? Do you sprinkle them in the tank? I will have to run out and get some proper food for them.

It finally happened to me! I wasn't sure this was going to happen to Maggie because she seem uninterested in Andy but I think she may have been pregnant when I brought her home. :wub:

Any advice on how to care for these babies would be greatly appreciated! :)

CONGRADS!! on the babies :D I currently have 22 of them..different ages..I have mine in a 5 1/2 gallon tank..they are doing pretty good...You need to feed them fry food or crushed up flakes (very small) I feed mine 2-3 times a day , but not a whole lot..and with you only having 7 then they dont need much! :p

I havent used the egg yolk yet but I have heard alot about it..

I hope I have helped if you have any more questions feel free to ask me, I am no expert but I do know some, And I am breeding Guppies and Black Lyretail Mollies..If I cant help then some can on this forum, I have learned alot from this site :D

I've learned alot on this site too. :) I now have 16 babies. :wub: For right now, I put the babies in a big bowl with gravel and water(from tank and from gallon of purified water i bought). Its tempoarily until I can go out and buy another tank. I hope it is ok. Tomorrow(if not today) I will go and get a new tank for the new babies. Some of them are clear and some are dark. Is this normal? I wasn't sure why they are dark unless I had babies before and I didn't know it the whole time!?

They look like sperms! LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congradulations on the babies, they are great. I love mine too much i think. I have 14, and although they did have a few problems the first week, they are all doing great now. I feed mine fry food from PetSmart, and also crushed up my regular flake food to almost a powder and alternate between the 2 foods.

They are so much fun to watch them grow, and i think they are very cute. Hope all goes well with them, you sound like you are doing a great job with them. Kepp up the good work.
Sandy

I feed mine fry bites and I crush up my flakes to alternate...

Some of mine are clear and others are dark, and both seem to be doing great...my females have black bodies so I figured that why some of the babies are dark :lol:

GOOD LUCK with the little ones..I LOVE mine to daeth and I cant forget my 25 baby black mollies which are adorable :wub:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back