New Baby Fahaka Puffer Log

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dominus_XVIII

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Went to the LFS on Fathers day and browsed their stock. Noticed a 1" baby fahaka puffer aggressively darting at me while flaring it's bold yellow tail, I already own a larger fahaka and this was the first time I've seen them at this size for sale, so I asked a employee to ring it up for me. The old guy was also a puffer keeper, so we chatted for a while. He bagged the puffer and labeled it for $5.99, when the actual price tag said $19.99. I pointed out to him, that he mislabeled the price and he said don't worry about it lol. Went to the cash to pay and the cashier said just $5 was fine.
Pretty cool guys, wished the old guy a happy fathers day before I left. The baby fahaka is currently in 10 gallon, fed it a trumpet snail and a shrimp tail. Can't wait to watch this guy grow into a monster and at a growth rate of a 1" per month for the first year, it's going to be quick haha. Going to pickup a 110 gallon tank from a friend of mine tomorrow afternoon for my larger fahaka and once this little guy puts on some size, I'll move him over the my 75 gallon. One thing I'm wondering about though, this little guy has a red spotted pattern from his mid section down to the tail. Haven't really seen this pattern on juvies before, then again I haven't seen fahakas this small for sale before.

TallTree01 said:
Cool mate! Pics are a must though ;) .
Sorry about that, here's some pics of the little guy. Boxed him to get some pics, he wouldn't stay still lol. You can make out the red spots circled with black rings, across the back half on the puffer. (Pics taken before I fed him)
I've posted him up for id on a puffer dedicated site and was told he may be a hybrid between a fahaka and a pustulatus puffer.
I won't know 100%, until this guy puts on more size to have a proper id. Pretty sure the spots will fade if the little guy is in fact 100% fahaka. Sorry if the pics are too big aswell.

dx7c.jpg

e0mu.jpg

qara.jpg

Love the puffer. My Lfs have those, there awesome :p

Most reactions

Back