New Api Test Kit Arrived!

shortymet55

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 23, 2007
Messages
468
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Maryland
My test kit arrived, so I had to test my water...

Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: 5ppm
PH: 6.6

I would have to say thats pretty good stuff. I dont know much about PH, but 6.6 is close enough to neutral I would assume its fine for my fish. This is a few week old tank, so Im please the bacteria from the old filter media, which I removed a week ago (It was a cartridge type, so it didnt really fit this tanks filter), planted a good amount of bacteria on my new filter to sustain my bioload.
 
This is for my 29 Gallon. Its only a few weeks old, so its not necessarily fully settled in, bit from the looks of my results, its there. Does anyone think I can add any more fish? The Angel's bodies are only like an inch long. There juvis, so I can keep them for awhile and if need be, return one or all. My dad has been bugging me to put all 9 Cardinal Tetras in this tank too (Because all fish are redish orange except new Angels and otos). You think it can handle these fish also? Wont be for a decent amount of time. I will admit they would make my tank look fantastic, but I dont want to overstock. I wouldnt mind adding a better filter (Whisper 30 now, maybe AquaClear 50), to make sure I can keep up with the bioload. I shouldnt have to worry much about more swordtail babies, because I hear Angels take care of them.

Thanks
 
Sounds Good, what fish are you gettinjg?

I personally wouldn't add any more just yet. The angles might be small but you need to calc it as if they were full grown which is much bigger than 1".

Sounds like a nice set up! Good to see you are cycled already and moving right along. Any future for live plants in there?
 
I have added some Amazon Swords, Micro Swords, Java Moss, and I bought three new plants yesterday and totally forgot to ask what they where. I bought two, because they were red and my tank need color, and the last, because they prices drops when your buy three plants, so it was like $2 to get the last. I have a new 65W light in the mail, and im useing Seachem Flourish and Seachem Excel.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top